Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Cam Specs and upgrades?
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Nocturn

Well I would tell you if I knew, but its not a simple as that, Simply going with the biggest lobe or seperation won't get you the most power, you have to pick a cam that will work with your heads, meaning if your going to port them EVER you need one for ported heads or its redundant and you will end up having a total of 3 cams in the end. Same if your EVER going to supercharge the car, you should change cams to get the most power.
So simply saying give me the biggest is asking for trouble, you should look for the best cam for the car you want to have when its done, do you want to loose driveability, do you care if you have to change drivetrain parts? Do you want to change your powerband, are you ever going to put headers on? etc. etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote