Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Exhaust from head to tail, advice?
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
svede1212

a couple of things. first i got just an aluminized system for my catless back. i would only insist and be willing to pay for stainless if i was driving it in the winter and planned on keeping it for a long time. second, here are my spintech sound clips

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97626

it screams at WOT.

i'd get LTs first. they change the sound and volume quite a bit by themselves and then decide if you want more or a different sound. Get them coated or get SLPs which are already coated. coating will cost ~$250. it will keep the engine bay much cooler and give you more power in the summer. then go get it tuned. you'll gain 25-30 HP with LTs and a tune. The exhaust is mainly a sound thing and will net little power on a mostly stock motor
svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote