Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Abs light
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Abs light
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
mr. bird

Abs light

In my 04 GTO the ABS light comes on while I'm stopped. When the light comes on the traction control turns off too. Then within a few seconds the light goes off and traction control goes back on. It sometimes goes on and off a few times while I'm stopped. Never while I'm driving.
On another note I'm having problems with the windows not going down unless I hold the buttons down for a few seconds, the door locks lock when I turn the car off before I get a chance to open the door once in a while. And a couple of times my gauges have gone crazy till I shut the car off and back on.
I have taken off the battery cables and put them back on, and it didn't solve anything. I have checked the wires to the bcm and there are no cut wires. I got a code from a snap-on scanner -B0008 loss of abs/tcs comm-. I did see a few wires near the bcm and near the fuse box with those wire terminals that clip on the wire to hook other wires to them. Do those cause problems. Maybe I should take those out and repair the wires. I don't have money to get it scanned from a dealer or the dash light guy around me. Do the bcm's in these cars have problems?
Any help would be great!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
mr. bird is offline   Reply With Quote