Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth Mobile Phone Kit
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #12
wuphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12volt_king
Hopefully I can shed some light on this for some people. Your car has never been bluetooth compatible!

You still need to buy the bluetooth Handsfree kit for your phone. Heres is how to install it.

Remove the glove box and drop down the panel running beside the transmission tunnel.
Inside you will see a little white plug 6 wires going into it......

Black=Earth/Ground
Yellow=Constant
Red=Accessory
Orange=Radio Mute
Blue=Speaker (+)
Blue with Black trace (-)

Throw awy the speaker that comes with your kit. You wont need it.
Run the microphone behind the glove box and the up the passenger side pillar. Along the roof lining and behind the rearview you should feel a little cutout for the cable to poke through. Use the peice of Velcro that came with the kit and stick it just behind the mirror.

If the kit gives you two radio mutes, a positive and a negative radio mute. Use the NEGATIVE.

Wire the rest of it up and then your done!

I can do these cars in about 20 minutes now.

If your not using a Bluetooth then a normal kit works just as well, you will need to run an antenna. In some model commodores, there was already an antenna cable there. It will be hiding behind the glove box as well. The other end will be in the middle of the rear windscreen in the roof lining, have a bit of a feel around you will find it. But, it may not be there in which case you will need to run your own.

Hope this helps, perhaps this topic can be made sticky as I noticed it had the owner of the website confused about it.
Any idea if this will still work if I've replaced the radio with a new head unit? For example, will the radio still mute?
wuphat is offline   Reply With Quote