LSX Mustang!!! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
powermelissa

LSX Mustang!!!

Check this out - We're putting an LSX engine into an '06 Mustang!

http://www.lsxtv.com/index.php?strea...flv&playlist=1

Project Heretic!

powermelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
GTO831

You can also check out the 2nd Annual All GTO Track Day videos there.
That is a truley awesome sight.
They have some awesome vids out there.
Tracy

I may not be the fastest, but I sure have fun trying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GTO831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermelissa
Check this out - We're putting an LSX engine into an '06 Mustang!

http://www.lsxtv.com/index.php?strea...flv&playlist=1

Project Heretic!

It certainly is an interesting project. If the car ends up lookinglike Bliss' rendering, it will certainly be a cool looking car. However, I do have a question. Reference is made to a Mustang GT, but a 6-cyl engine was removed from the Mustang to make room for the LSX engine. Don't all Mustang GT's have an 8-cyl engine?

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO831
You can also check out the 2nd Annual All GTO Track Day videos there.
That is a truley awesome sight.
They have some awesome vids out there.
Tracy
Very cool interviews, Tracy. Do you have any racing footage from the 2nd Annual All GTO Track Day online? Thanks for any information that you may have.

-K

|
|
Old 02-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
andyx181x

your right la phantom there shouldnt be a V6 in the GT models. someone goofed up cause its not even a GT mustang, there are no emblems on the car
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
andyx181x

if you look at the begining of the video, you can see the mustang decal on the bottom of the doors. pretty much all the V6 models have those. also to comment on the mustang have an LS engine: can't beat them, join them! hahaha!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
mechanic58
Banned

Neato!! This is the kinda stuff I LOVE!
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
if you look at the begining of the video, you can see the mustang decal on the bottom of the doors. pretty much all the V6 models have those. also to comment on the mustang have an LS engine: can't beat them, join them! hahaha!
1,000+ Hp...what kind of fuel economy are we talking here? Also, I will be curious to see how this new found power makes its way to the pavement. Something else that would be interesting to know, when this vehicle is finished, is how much money was invested in this project, including the cost of the Mustang.

-K

|
|
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
andyx181x

who knows, all we know is some dumb rustang owners are going to try and the same regardless of the cost
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
mechanic58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Phantom
1,000+ Hp...what kind of fuel economy are we talking here?

Kory, are you OUT of your mind? Who CARES about fuel economy. They are obviously not building a grocery getter here. lol. Sheesh.

(But to answer your question, please keep in mind that this engine will not be producing 1,000hp ALL the time. In fact, most times, it will be considerbly less. If it was running at full load all the time I am quite sure you could expect to consume several gallons per mile. A top fuel dragster for example consumes over 15 gallons of fuel in one 1/4 mile pass...that would be certainly at full load and about 6,000hp or so)
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
andyx181x

very intreting, no way can i afford that
Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #12
Nocturn

definantly a V6, it doesn't have the GT foglights, they must be replacing the entire drivetrain suspension and brakes...

Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 AM   #13
GTO831

They should be adding more interviews, interviews with the event sponsors, and lots more racing footage. Some footage was shot of the LS7 memorial car that was built, the first run it made down the track, and the finals.
Pretty cool stuff to come.
Tracy

Old 02-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #14
mechanic58
Banned

I assume you mean the '04 Yellowjacket GTO that GM put the LS7 in? I have sat in that car and started it up. That thing is totally bitchin. I experienced it at Mid-Ohio in the summer of '06.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
GTO831

Nope, that is not what I mean at all. GTO1369, Tom Tiberio, from Tiberio Performance put, as a memorial for a fallen soldier whose wife fulfilled his one wish, an LS7 into a PBM 05 GTO.
I have a link to it in my sig if you want to see it.
The soldier was Hookmechanic on another forum. He died during a military training helecopter accident. His one wish was to have that motor but he couldn't afford it. His wife came to my husband and asked if he would do it for her. We showcased the LS7 at our Track Day in Bradenton Florida.

btw, this one is a true LS7, with all the components, even the oil pan had to be fabricated to fit. No frame mutilation or anything. It looks totally stock in that car. There is fantastic pics and a great article. Check the link.

Tracy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement