Stock GTO 1/4 Mile Times...expectation - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > GTO Racing Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
GTOGOAT

What is one in a completely stock GTO with a manual trans expected to get in the 1/4 mile? I know there are alot of other factors to go into it, such as driver experience, car break in, track conditions, weather conditions, ect. WHat I am looking for is a fairly average range of what can be expected...is it between 13.7 and 14.2? Would it be higher than that? Just curious.
GTOGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #2
DANSLS1

Experienced strip drivers (willing to powershift) are pulling 13.3 to 13.7 stock. Inexperienced strip drivers or tracks w/ poor surface prep are pulling the 13.7 to 14.2 range you mention. Air temps, cooldown of the car and weight reduction (is a car with weight reduction stock?) can all change these numbers.
Dan
DANSLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
1964GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by DANSLS1@Nov 1 2004, 02:02 PM
Experienced strip drivers (willing to powershift) are pulling 13.3 to 13.7 stock. Inexperienced strip drivers or tracks w/ poor surface prep are pulling the 13.7 to 14.2 range you mention. Air temps, cooldown of the car and weight reduction (is a car with weight reduction stock?) can all change these numbers.
Dan
from what ive seen id say your right
1964GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Nocturn

Depends on how much you enjoy your clutch :afro:

SLP still claims a clutch burning 13.1 time as the best I have seen stock. But then again they dont do anything but drive these cars and mod then all day. :unsure:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #5
Felix C.

I read on one of the sites that SLP arrived at 13.10 by using drag radials in place of the factory issue. I could find the citation if needed.

Regards,

FC

NB: Seems to me GTO owners are posting quicker 1/4 mile times as they become accustomed to the vehicle and learn new launching techniques.(Also it is getting cooler and engines are being broken in.) I have a very light, live axle 5.0 Mustang, it will take some time to get accustomed to a heavy, IRS equipped GTO.

You know I love the Pulse Red color. Might go '04 just for the color. I am too old for the hot rodding stuff. Well at least, hardcore hotrodding.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
04GOATGERM

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix C.@Nov 1 2004, 05:06 PM
NB: Seems to me GTO owners are posting quicker 1/4 mile times as they become accustomed to the vehicle and learn new launching techniques.(Also it is getting cooler and engines are being broken in.)
Yeah, some GTO owners that are just going over 5k say there's even MORE power coming from the mighty LS1! B)
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #7
CSiJason

Drag radials and a launch your clutch wont like will no doubt net far better results than magazines could muster up.

I cant wait to do just that to my 05 and prove to all the a$$bags on my old website who are swinging on the nuts of the new 05 Mustang GT that the GT is fully 100% owned by the GTO, current and 05 models alike.
CSiJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement