06 GTO rear end swap - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Transmission/Driveline Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
panamadave

06 GTO rear end swap

I've never been a drag racer, and with the small fenders of my 06 GTO auto, there isn't room for a tire that would get all the power to the ground anyway. First gear only gets me across the intersection since it is so low.

So, comparing with my 6 speed manual Corvette, the GTO is cruising down the freeway about 800 RPM higher than the Corvette. The Corvette gets 26MPG all day long at 80MPH, and I can barely squeeze 20MPG out of the GTO. The six speed manual and the four speed auto use the same rearend in the GTO.

Anybody got a source on a new rear-end to swap in that would be a little taller than the one it came with.
panamadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Here's a link to one of the few places I know that offer rear gear sets for the GTO.

http://www.difftechnics.com.au/gto/

I saw you wanted a taller or numerically lower ratio in another thread, like the 3.07 available. A few A4 owners are getting the 3.73's and forgoing the 3.91's. If I may be so bold, forget the gas mileage and just have fun.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
mechanic58
Banned

You can put a 3.07 gear in your GTO...or you could cut your own **** off....the end result would be about the same. LMFAO!

If you can afford a GTO AND a Vette....you can afford to buy a little gas.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
the goat

Check out Precision Motorsports. My M06 is in there today getting 3.91's installed.

Last edited by the goat; 12-27-2007 at 05:36 PM.
the goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement