Bluetooth Mobile Phone Kit - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > Holden Connection

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
dallascajun

Does anyone know who might ship the Holden Bluetooth Mobile Phone Kit? This is an accessory for the Monaro available from Holden, I just can't seem to find a contact that will ship it to the US for us GTO owners.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...12001&bitmask=1
dallascajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
PixMan

I am also trying to find a way to get one of these kits...without cleaning out my bank account. Anyone??
PixMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
formula79
Administrator

Bluetooth is cool...if you can get it working. It is a very finicky technology...
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Sting2114

I've always found that it is the device your trying to connect with. My frat bro and I use our bluetooth on our cell phones all the time without a glitch. The only times I've ran into bluetooth problems was when I was attempting to connect it to my computer and thats only because the device I used for the computer to send out the bluetooth signal had a horrible driver. I fixed it though so all works fine.

P.S. I would look into the aftermarket, I know stock looks better...But sometimes there are no choices other than that. Something that would prehaps be a headunit with GPS display and ability to connect to your phone. Someone's gotta be making that already.
Sting2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
Zero4

Um, whats bluetooth???? :unsure:
Zero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 AM   #6
matuscg

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero4@Apr 19 2005, 11:07 PM
Bluetooth is a wireless Technology that allows devices (printers, computers, PDA's, cell phones) to connect wirelessly with little to no configuration. For instance if you have a Bluetooth enabled cell phone and a Bluetooth wireless head set you can leave your phone in your pocket and just talk in the headset. The Bluetooth car kits are the same way, think of it as a hands free car kit that you never have to hook your phone up to.
Its range falls some ware in between wireless internet routers (RF) and TV remotes (IR).
matuscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
Zero4

I'm thinking about getting one of them RAZR V3 cell phones. It says it comes with bluetooth, but I didn't know what it was. So thanks for the info.
Zero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
12volt_king

Hopefully I can shed some light on this for some people. Your car has never been bluetooth compatible!

You still need to buy the bluetooth Handsfree kit for your phone. Heres is how to install it.

Remove the glove box and drop down the panel running beside the transmission tunnel.
Inside you will see a little white plug 6 wires going into it......

Black=Earth/Ground
Yellow=Constant
Red=Accessory
Orange=Radio Mute
Blue=Speaker (+)
Blue with Black trace (-)

Throw awy the speaker that comes with your kit. You wont need it.
Run the microphone behind the glove box and the up the passenger side pillar. Along the roof lining and behind the rearview you should feel a little cutout for the cable to poke through. Use the peice of Velcro that came with the kit and stick it just behind the mirror.

If the kit gives you two radio mutes, a positive and a negative radio mute. Use the NEGATIVE.

Wire the rest of it up and then your done!

I can do these cars in about 20 minutes now.

If your not using a Bluetooth then a normal kit works just as well, you will need to run an antenna. In some model commodores, there was already an antenna cable there. It will be hiding behind the glove box as well. The other end will be in the middle of the rear windscreen in the roof lining, have a bit of a feel around you will find it. But, it may not be there in which case you will need to run your own.

Hope this helps, perhaps this topic can be made sticky as I noticed it had the owner of the website confused about it.
12volt_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:02 AM   #9
Nocturn

And then the good mods, did bless the humble forumers with topics of sticky, that pinned themselves to the top of pages, so that other forumers could view and witness the goodness of what the mods had done.

-St. Goat 2:19

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #10
2005 GTO

i just bought the bluetooth kit it model is parrot 3100 well here is what im going to do i found this site that this guy did this kit for his gto. it nice http://members.cox.net/05gto/interior.htm
2005 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
formula79
Administrator

Any one got one of these working?
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #12
wuphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12volt_king
Hopefully I can shed some light on this for some people. Your car has never been bluetooth compatible!

You still need to buy the bluetooth Handsfree kit for your phone. Heres is how to install it.

Remove the glove box and drop down the panel running beside the transmission tunnel.
Inside you will see a little white plug 6 wires going into it......

Black=Earth/Ground
Yellow=Constant
Red=Accessory
Orange=Radio Mute
Blue=Speaker (+)
Blue with Black trace (-)

Throw awy the speaker that comes with your kit. You wont need it.
Run the microphone behind the glove box and the up the passenger side pillar. Along the roof lining and behind the rearview you should feel a little cutout for the cable to poke through. Use the peice of Velcro that came with the kit and stick it just behind the mirror.

If the kit gives you two radio mutes, a positive and a negative radio mute. Use the NEGATIVE.

Wire the rest of it up and then your done!

I can do these cars in about 20 minutes now.

If your not using a Bluetooth then a normal kit works just as well, you will need to run an antenna. In some model commodores, there was already an antenna cable there. It will be hiding behind the glove box as well. The other end will be in the middle of the rear windscreen in the roof lining, have a bit of a feel around you will find it. But, it may not be there in which case you will need to run your own.

Hope this helps, perhaps this topic can be made sticky as I noticed it had the owner of the website confused about it.
Any idea if this will still work if I've replaced the radio with a new head unit? For example, will the radio still mute?
wuphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:16 AM   #13
noraadam800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4 View Post
what you want to say? I can,t understand
noraadam800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:17 AM   #14
noraadam800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 GTO View Post
i just bought the bluetooth kit it model is parrot 3100 well here is what im going to do i found this site that this guy did this kit for his gto. it nice http://members.cox.net/05gto/interior.htm
is this still avilable ?
I want to buy this
noraadam800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement