Looking to buy - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
terryr85

Looking to buy

I had an accident with my 07 duramax last week and decided look into the GTOs. Only car Ive considered. I found a 05 6 speed Im thinking about getting, just wondering if there is anything to look for? Its got 56k miles, I told them Id pay $16k out the door. Thanks a lot
terryr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Do all the basics as you would with any new/used vehicle purchase. Then take a look to see if there are any strut rub issues. May need an front end alignment if so. Stock rear springs tend to sag a bit as well. Color of GTO you are looking at? Stock or has it been modded? Good luck.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
terryr85

Its a red 2005, 56k miles on it, 6 speed. I dont know if anything has been done to it really. Under the hood is all stock. The exhaust looks aftermarket but I havent seen one up close thats totally stock so I dont really know, sure sounds mean though. My main concern is if Im going to be disappointed going from a 500hp crew cab truck to a car. What kind of mods am I looking at to get that true 400hp at the wheels? and what kind of price?
terryr85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
My main concern is if Im going to be disappointed going from a 500hp crew cab truck to a car. What kind of mods am I looking at to get that true 400hp at the wheels? and what kind of price?
It depends on what your expectations are. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to potatoes. I'm not sure on the mods to your truck, but in stock form the GTO will out accelerate, out handle and run circles around the duramax. Now it won't haul half a ton of dirt in the bed or tow 5 tons of earthmoving equipment either of course. You won't be disappointed performance wise. CAI, headers, medium sized cam and a good dyno tune would put you about there since it sounds like exhaust is already done. As for cost it depends on if you do the work or have these installed. DIY maybe 2500 dollars. Installed probably closer to 4K. Or if you like forced induction a few SC kits are available as well as a couple of TC as well for probably anywhere from 5K to 7K. These would definitely give you that 400 rwhp.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement