TIRE WEAR - Page 3 - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > Readers Rides and GTO Registry Discussion

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #31
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
I don't believe we do
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched 6.0
2 things make inside tire wear an issue
1. front tire wear from bad radius rod bushings
2 rear tire wear from crappy ass oe springs, replacing them with 0 drop springs that raise it back up and don't allow it to sag under accell as much will help greatly.

I would have to agree.

1. I fought dealers and alignment shops about my front tire wear. I took the advise of others and replaced the radius rod bushings. That's when I found that my left side was blown out! Not long after Mike White found my strut bushings torn at 19K. They were so bad they kept them as an example.
2. I had to replace my tires at 12K. Never knew my rear springs was sagging so bad till I was bottoming out on a full tank. I replaced the rear springs and gained 2 1/2" or so in the rear.

All in all I've replaced all four springs (0" drop), strut tower bushings/bearings, front radius rod bushings and the swaybars. The car drives straight again, great tire wear, and feels like a sports car. The ride is stiffer now. But so much better.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #33
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmasterofor
I would have to agree.

1. I fought dealers and alignment shops about my front tire wear. I took the advise of others and replaced the radius rod bushings. That's when I found that my left side was blown out! Not long after Mike White found my strut bushings torn at 19K. They were so bad they kept them as an example.
2. I had to replace my tires at 12K. Never knew my rear springs was sagging so bad till I was bottoming out on a full tank. I replaced the rear springs and gained 2 1/2" or so in the rear.

All in all I've replaced all four springs (0" drop), strut tower bushings/bearings, front radius rod bushings and the swaybars. The car drives straight again, great tire wear, and feels like a sports car. The ride is stiffer now. But so much better.
Mike White is a cool guy and he knows his ****, I will be making the changes you have soon.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #34
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
Mike is THE MAN!
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
NEXSTAR7

any comments on the bf goodrich g force ss/as
Lingenfelter cai , Vararam throttle body spacer, V-Max ported and polished Throttle body. SLP long tube headers, high flow cats, x pipe, Flowmaster 40's mufflers, Quick time performance exhaust cutouts. Livernoise stage 2 heads and stage 2 comp cam , Pedders suspension upgrade. Dyno to 434 rwhp.
NEXSTAR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement