What can I get for $2,500.00? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
MonaroGTO

What can I get for $2,500.00?

I got a little extra money to spend on the GOAT and currently run a stock set up minus the tune from Thunder racing. Currently, I have my eyes set on some LT's (Kook) and would like it loud. I would like your input on what is the best way to get more power w/o actually "getting" in the motor? Thanks for your opinions.
MonaroGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
dkrowner

kooks,magnaflow catback and a tune
245/40/18ZR fr and 275/40/18ZR rr tires

2006 gsxr1000 with more do then i care to write about
dkrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
BRMike

I ordered a set of Kooks 1 3/4" long tube headers with catted mid pipes. I then had Futral Motorsports install them and "street" tune it. The last time I checked Thunder Racing does not install parts they do not sell you. I saved money by buying the headers through Maryland Speed and having Futral install them. Thunder Racing's prices are a little high on the Kooks.

A nice set of long tube headers, in my opinion, is the best modification for the money. An aftermarket cat back system is not necessary, as you'll get minimal gains. I'm not sure if you'll see this in time or not, but Futral Motorsports is having a Dyno Day tomorrow (04/05/2008). If you have the opportunity, stop by. I may also make an appearance at the Thunder Racing Swap Meet.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
MonaroGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike
I ordered a set of Kooks 1 3/4" long tube headers with catted mid pipes. I then had Futral Motorsports install them and "street" tune it. The last time I checked Thunder Racing does not install parts they do not sell you. I saved money by buying the headers through Maryland Speed and having Futral install them. Thunder Racing's prices are a little high on the Kooks.

A nice set of long tube headers, in my opinion, is the best modification for the money. An aftermarket cat back system is not necessary, as you'll get minimal gains. I'm not sure if you'll see this in time or not, but Futral Motorsports is having a Dyno Day tomorrow (04/05/2008). If you have the opportunity, stop by. I may also make an appearance at the Thunder Racing Swap Meet.
wow thanks for the info, i most certainly will get the KOOKS, but i have a hard time getting someone on the phone from Frutral.........SO catbacks dont really do much?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
BRMike

Allan is hard to get in touch with, but they seem to have more help these days. The last few times I've called, I've been able to speak with someone.

I attended the Dyno Day this afternoon. There was only two other GTO's there. A 2006 CGM (Chris) and a 2006 SRM. I don't know who that was.

Anyway, I was charged $350 for the header installation and $250 for the street tune. Check out Maryland Speed for the latest prices on the Kooks headers. You may also want to call for the absolute best pricing.

A cat back system will yield a few more horsepower, but in my opinion not enough to justify spending $700 to $1,000 (depending on brand). I like the way my car sounds with the factory cat back so I don't have plan to replace it. I would suggest using the money saved from the cat back and put it into some other upgrade such as a shifter (for the M6) or some suspension upgrades. I believe you are aware of the Louisiana Herd crawfish boil... A few of us (five or six) are meeting up at my house to caravan to Covington for the event.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
MonaroGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike
Allan is hard to get in touch with, but they seem to have more help these days. The last few times I've called, I've been able to speak with someone.

I attended the Dyno Day this afternoon. There was only two other GTO's there. A 2006 CGM (Chris) and a 2006 SRM. I don't know who that was.

Anyway, I was charged $350 for the header installation and $250 for the street tune. Check out Maryland Speed for the latest prices on the Kooks headers. You may also want to call for the absolute best pricing.

A cat back system will yield a few more horsepower, but in my opinion not enough to justify spending $700 to $1,000 (depending on brand). I like the way my car sounds with the factory cat back so I don't have plan to replace it. I would suggest using the money saved from the cat back and put it into some other upgrade such as a shifter (for the M6) or some suspension upgrades. I believe you are aware of the Louisiana Herd crawfish boil... A few of us (five or six) are meeting up at my house to caravan to Covington for the event.
I really appreciate the response and information, and i am aware of the crawfish boil. i am planning on attending. I have Kory's number so I will contact him just prior to see if he is going and if i can possibly get the details from him, since he is the only person that i have really have spoken too. I will be absolutely certain the week of. At that time, who do i need to contact in order to bring something, despite me not eating those midget lobsters (im from california). In any event, you guys from La. are a good group of guys, I met a few at the track one nite in Donaldsonville. Well i look forward to it and the Headers, hopefully before the event. Keep me posted.

BTW did I meet you in Donaldsonville?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
BRMike

I talked to Kory this past Friday. Kory and I work for the same company. As of Friday, he was planning on going. He left that afternoon to go to Texas (NASCAR). I was not at the track when you were, so we've yet to meet. And for what it's worth, I was born and raised here and I do not eat crawfish. Believe me, I get some greif because of it!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
mechanic58
Banned

how bout a high-priced whore? Might be fun.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
MonaroGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
Any good places to look?
Old 04-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
mechanic58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaroGTO
Any good places to look?
How bout what's her name....the one the governer of NY was ****in there for awhile....I bet SHE'D take your money. ALL of it. LMFAO!
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #11
GTO91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiGGysQ4e3s

Kooks + LM1 FTW!
GTO91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #12
cncmasterofor

Don't tip the whore.
Spend the $15 on a faster IAT. And or relocate it. The best bang for the buck. IMO...

Last edited by cncmasterofor; 04-18-2008 at 01:13 AM.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
formula79
Administrator

You want Kooks, Bassani, Volant, and tune
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #14
GT O yea

High Price???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
2500 is cheap!!! Try 3500-4000 for the good ones!!!
GT O yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
GT O yea

Sin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaroGTO
Any good places to look?
Vegas Baby!!!!!
GT O yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement