rear clunking/clacking noise on 05 A4......... - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2005/2006 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
pctek

rear clunking/clacking noise on 05 A4.........

I have a 05 yellow A4 gto, It runs great all kinds of torque and power man. Anyways I hear like a clunking/clacking noise from the rear seems like from the middle rear I think. Seems like it happens often when your dealing with the different combination of let the gas pedal out and apllying it again and using the brakes and letting it go and pushing the gas down again. This noise is basically only at low speeds from going slow or compelt stopping and going again situations.

Like if I was to slow down to a crawl or complete stop and then release the brake and give it gas sometimes it will make that clunking noise like something has play and loose.

Anyone have any info I need to know? Does changing the rear diff fluids help with clanking/clunking loose play symptons? Seems like that will help the common whine the diffs make on these cars right? Because I heard about changing the diffs oil from researching, but my car has had allt he fluids change form the dealer since it is a GM certified car. Thanks
pctek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
YeomanDroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctek View Post
I have a 05 yellow A4 gto, It runs great all kinds of torque and power man. Anyways I hear like a clunking/clacking noise from the rear seems like from the middle rear I think. Seems like it happens often when your dealing with the different combination of let the gas pedal out and apllying it again and using the brakes and letting it go and pushing the gas down again. This noise is basically only at low speeds from going slow or compelt stopping and going again situations.

Like if I was to slow down to a crawl or complete stop and then release the brake and give it gas sometimes it will make that clunking noise like something has play and loose.

Anyone have any info I need to know? Does changing the rear diff fluids help with clanking/clunking loose play symptons? Seems like that will help the common whine the diffs make on these cars right? Because I heard about changing the diffs oil from researching, but my car has had allt he fluids change form the dealer since it is a GM certified car. Thanks
I'm having the same problems. Mostly this clicking noise occurs early in the AM and after driving for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile and at a stop. Usually by this time I'm at a second light, so it usually occurs within about 5 minutes after the vehicle has been started. It's really annoying. I've had the rear suspension looked at as there was some issue with the welds. I'm not sure what is causing this. It never happens at any other time. Just when the vehicle is started in the AM after 5 or so minutes.
YeomanDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement