finally bought one - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
HSV_255GTO

finally bought one

well after a painful 4 years of dreaming as i finished college.... i finally bought my GTO today!!

2004 black/black MT6 -- 56k on the clock and out the door for $14,900

sadly, i wont be able to pick it up untill later this week due to a recall on the tie rods, and i am also having the rear seats reupholstered because the stitching has come undone around the headrests exposing the pads. the only other downfall on the car is the suede trim is comming off the door cards, but thats easily fixed.

other than that, the car looks and drove well, and i'm thrilled to have it. so it will be nice to have a big muscle car to add to my current fleet consisiting of a '99 Passat, '84 BMW 633 and '83 BMW 320is -- i dunno what i'm gonna do with 4 cars but its nice to have a selection in the morning

teaser pic:

--btw just to introduce myself since i've been a lurker on these fourms for a while, i'm TJ -- just graduated from Iowa State this month with a major in Com. Studies and i work for Interstate Batteries ---so if you have a battery question, ask me!!!

Last edited by HSV_255GTO; 12-31-2007 at 03:44 PM.
HSV_255GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Congrats!!!

Oh and what is the Interstate part # for the batteries in our Goats? Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
Hey man that's cool you will love her.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
HSV_255GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Congrats!!!

Oh and what is the Interstate part # for the batteries in our Goats? Thanks.
for the GTO they are listed as a dealer item -- but an MT-34 would fit just fine in there. Holden used an awkward size that isn't a common group size in North America --- any battery that fits will work fine so long as it has over 500CCA (our lowest is 590CCA)

the GTO i just picked up is running with an Optima battery currently - and for the record, I don't recommend them -- they're junk. that'll be coming out this month.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
the GTO i just picked up is running with an Optima battery currently - and for the record, I don't recommend them -- they're junk. that'll be coming out this month.
Thanks for the reply. Which ones are you dissappointed with, the Interstate or the Optima? I couldn't tell from your post. Again enjoy and post up some pics for us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
HSV_255GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Thanks for the reply. Which ones are you dissappointed with, the Interstate or the Optima? I couldn't tell from your post. Again enjoy and post up some pics for us.
optima is the one i don't like -- i've seen many of them fail within a year of purchase. bottom line is, if your only using them as a standard starting battery -- they're not worth it.

i'll post up some pics when i take delivery of the car prolly thusday. the wait is killing me!!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
HSV_255GTO

first pictures:

Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Hey thanks for the pics, glad she's found a good home.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
cncmasterofor

Congrats on the Goat!
Be safe and take good care of her. And make sure you feed her ruststangs every now and then.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement