Door Lock Problem - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Appearence/Ground Effects/Wheels

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
DeezGTO

Angry Door Lock Problem

Okay, so, I'm outside washing the Goat and I needed to get the passenger door unlocked. Because the driver's door was opened and unlocked, I went to push down the button so that I could raise it and unlock both doors. When I went to push down the driver's side lock button, it went down,, but with a clicking noise. Then I could'nt get it to go back up. Now it's stuck in a semi-locked position..(but not locked). Therefore, I cannot lock my car, because the alarm detects that the car is unlocked and makes the honking noise when I try to lock it.
Has anyone had this problem before and do you know if this is an easy fix without having to take it to the dealer??
Thanks!
Dee
DeezGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
BRMike

No help here. I usually just use the key fob for unlocking doors. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
DeezGTO

My key faub was in the ignition. (maybe that was the problem in the first place eh??)

Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
`The only thing I can think of is take the key out walk away set then unset, then if still no good undo the bat and reset the whole system. Wish I could help more
LS2weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I have had problems with the locks at times before. Some people I believe have had enough problem with them that they have had the regulators/actuators replaced if I understood it correctly. Take the key out of the ignition and see what happens. I know mine won't let me lock the key inside the car if it's in the ignition.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Orbit Orange; 03-28-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
DeezGTO

I have taken the key out of the ignition to try and lock and unlock the door.
The passenger side will lock and unlock but the driver's side, (the side that I pushed down) will not move up or down. It seems that it's stuck in the semi-locked position. I guess I have no choice but to take it to the dealer.
Drat! I was hoping not too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement