2004 GTO trunk jammed - HELP! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2004 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
jim_nonymous

Unhappy 2004 GTO trunk jammed - HELP!

I know about all of the release mechanisms.
- remote - the mechanism clicks but doesn't open
- glove compartment button - the mechanism clicks but doesn't open
- passenger side rear seat pull cord - pulled and nothing happened, cable does not retract. It just stays out.
- in trunk emergency pull cord - can't reach it

I think my wife accidentally closed the trunk lid over a coat and got it wedged into the lock. Tried pushing down on the lid while hitting the release. Tried pulling up on the lid while hitting the release. No joy.

Rear tail light has no pass through to interior so breaking it and reaching in won't work.

I don't know if I can get into the trunk by removing the seats. Suspect that if I could get in, I'd be able to clear the jam.

Seeking a way in with the least expensive damage. Fearing solid wall behind seat. Expecting all I can do is lift and hope the lock breaks before the lid bends. IDEAS?????
jim_nonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Hmm.... Keep trying. I think you'll find the gas tank and bracing behind the seats so getting through that way is probably out of the picture. Just have someone try all the release buttons again as you try to push the trunk open. Worst case scenario would be take it to a dealer or mechanic and see what they suggest. Good luck.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
trunk jammed gto help