NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum (https://www.newagegto.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 GTO Specific General Tech (https://www.newagegto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Question about wheel size? (https://www.newagegto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988)

senior31 05-25-2006 04:41 PM

Question about wheel size?

Does anyone know what the widest wheel you can get under that back of an 04? I would like to know back spacing possibly for a 18" or 17" diameter wheel. If someone knows please post it. Thanks for looking.

Orbit Orange 05-30-2006 08:29 AM

Are you looking for widest wheel, widest tire or both?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

senior31 05-30-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Are you looking for widest wheel, widest tire or both?

I am looking for both, but I found a post in another thread by Chemist. It pretty much answered my question. It sounds like the widest wheel you can run is an 18 X 9 in. with some serious offset. I am running an 18 X 8 in. right now and they just look to "skinny" in the back. I like my cars to have some meat in the back. So, I think that is the answer to my question. If you have more additional info I am more than willing to take note. Thanks for your time.

Orbit Orange 06-01-2006 08:43 AM

I remember that post now, glad you found it. It was very informative. Sorry I didn't remember it at the time and could have posted a link. What are your wheel/tire plans?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

senior31 06-01-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

I remember that post now, glad you found it. It was very informative. Sorry I didn't remember it at the time and could have posted a link. What are your wheel/tire plans?

Well after reading the post I am probably going to go with a 18 X 9" wheel in the back and a 18 X 8" or 17" X 8" in the front. I am trying to find a pic online with the different size wheels in front. It sounds cool and that is what I did with my streetrod but that is a completely different ballgame. I kinda like the Intro Pentia's, but would like to see the actual with the correct offsets. I know it isn't really possible on this car but I like a deep dished wheel in the back. But I would like to get as much as possible without modifying the body just yet. Well, I hope that answers the question sorry it was so lengthy. Thanks again for your replys.

Orbit Orange 06-01-2006 05:22 PM

Hey I'm glad you found some helpful info on the site. I'm not familiar with the Intro Pentias. Have any pics or a link so we can see them? Good luck and keep us in the loop. :)

senior31 06-01-2006 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Hey I'm glad you found some helpful info on the site. I'm not familiar with the Intro Pentias. Have any pics or a link so we can see them? Good luck and keep us in the loop. :)

Here is a pic of the wheels. I am trying to go for a little bit of a retro look. Yes, I have found more than enough on this site. The service manager at the dealership told me about it and I have been coming here ever since. Thanks for everyone's help.

Note: also Orange is there anyway I can contact Chemist personally to get a pic of this car? I would like to see his wheel setup. Thanks for your time.

Senior

LA_Phantom 06-01-2006 08:31 PM

IMO, that is not a bad looking wheel. I will definitely be interested in seeing what they look like on your car.

-K

Orbit Orange 06-02-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Note: also Orange is there anyway I can contact Chemist personally to get a pic of this car? I would like to see his wheel setup. Thanks for your time.
Have you tried to PM (Private Message) him yet? He may also have his email posted in his profile. I see he hasn't posted for a while but that doesn't mean he might not read here once in a while. Let us know.

senior31 06-05-2006 07:40 PM

How do you PM? I checked out his profile, but it says he doesn't receive emails. Any other suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Senior

Nocturn 06-05-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior31
How do you PM? I checked out his profile, but it says he doesn't receive emails. Any other suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Senior

In the top right of the screen is a link to pricate messages right under your screen name, click on that, this will bring up the private message window. In that on the left hand side is a menu of options, in there is an option to send a new message, click on that and compose away.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3