Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - What was your first car?
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #41
Silver Goat

A 1955 Olds Super 88 4-door hardtop....Called a "hardtop" because the window area was completely open front to back when the windows were down. It had the optional 4-bbl. V-8 engine...202 HP.

Drove it like a "bat out of hell" and kept burning pistons....Could have been partly due to the fact that I set the ignition timing "by ear" for better performance!....Just kept turning the distributor, advancing the timing, to get the highest idle speed without having the engine kick back while starting it.

Won a race once against a friend in a 1960 Chevy with a 283 V-8 but burned a piston while passing him.....Guess that's what's called "winning the battle but losing the war"!

BTW, it had a 4-speed Hydramatic A/T that kept going out for some reason!....Had no PARK position....REVERSE was the parking position.

Now you know I'm an ol' codger who never grew up....Have had my '05 Goat up to 156....****ed speed limiter!
2006 MX-5 Miata Sport, Copper Red/Black , 6-speed, Suspension Package, Mazdaspeed Exhaust

Don't be fearful of dying.
Be fearful of not living.
Silver Goat is offline   Reply With Quote