Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Predator installed
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #33
gto n 442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Yep what svede said, I would think the the density of the intake air would be raised.

Speaking of crazy talk, instead of water how about another combustable liquid like rubbing alcohol or methanol. Put a little alcohol or methanol on your finger and blow and you'll feel the cooling effects of evaporation much more readily than water, and on top of that wouldn't it also be combustable? (Not sure what it would do to the A/F mixture, I'm no combustion expert)

Wow, really? That is a long time. I'll watch my IAT on startup and it lags but it seems to be only 5 to 10 seconds behind. And on the highway it seems to take maybe 20 to 30 seconds. I'll time it next time I'm out. If your IAT's are only 2-4 above ambient it could be I'm getting about a 5 degree heat soak. I've got to get back out and do some data collection.
Youd never want to inject alcohol into your CAI youd cause a fire . Alcohol is excellent fuel by itself but as far as injecting any combustables before the intake manifold it should never be attempted. water injection does work they used to do it to high performance aircraft engines (both piston and jet). It wouldnt work well as was previously stated however all engines are designed with water ingestion as a normal factor so a car could in effect run fine with a wetted intake filter. will it help performance ? doubtful.
gto n 442 is offline   Reply With Quote