Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Flowmaster super 40's
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #19
FROROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtogeno
Just had Flowmaster super 40's installed on my 05 MBM M6 and let me tell you it not only sounds bad _ss, it runs 1 graduation cooler on the temp gauge and I feel more power most definitley! I was able to get rubber 1-2 and 2-3 and the car was a bit harder to keep straight as the torque difference was noticable! That's running WITH traction control.

A guy in a blue turbo GTI pull up next to me and asked me what exhaust system I was running, that it sounded great and I think he was surprised to hear that I only swapped the mufflers out.

Just remember to purchase the 3" in and 3" out if you want the deepest sweetest sound...The 2.5" muffler will sound off in a higher pitch because of the smaller dia.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3446

(I paid about 80 bucks each at a local performance shop)

Have your muffler shop remove the mufflers and cut the original pipe at the mufflers as close to each side (in/out) as possible. Then have them take the 2.5" flange on the pipe by the axle (the side of the flange that comes off with the muffler) and weld a new 3" pipe over the 2.5" stub (the 2.5" stub must be cut back). Then after bolting the flange back onto the exhaust, size up the proper length of the new 3" pipe to adust the muffler to fit under the heat shields. Have the mufflers tilted towards the axles slightly for the best clearance (even though they fit straight up, I didn't want to risk them hitting the shield), weld the new 3" pipe flange assembly to the inlet side of the muffler. On the outlet side just take the original tips and remaining pipe and weld them to the "out" side of the mufflers.

Guarranteed sweet, deep music!!!

Here's a video of another owner (female) who has the same set up... sweet music (the exhaust that is!)...turn up your volume!

http://videos.streetfire.net/recentv...3b01867c4c.htm

Any "popping" while decelarating?
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote