Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Cts-v
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Cts-v
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Phantom
True, but there is a TSB out that indicates the dealer should replace various bushings in the rear suspension with bushings that are stiffer than stock and is supposed to mitigate issues associated with wheel hop. I know this because my brother-in-law had this done to my sisters car. He has also had to have the rearend replaced because of a roar from the differential. Some of the modifications made to the CTS-V at this point are: BMR Pinion Support Brace, Borla Catback, some form of CAI, and a tune by some hand-held tuner. BTW: My sister has an '05 CTS-V with the 400 Hp LS6.

Edit: Below is a repeat of the information I conveyed on 09/17/06. Opps!
Overall, the car is nice, but I think that I can take it. I was not that impressed with the performance when my sister took me for a ride. She probably was not driving it like Mechanic58 would drive it. It was quick, but it just did not snap my head back like my goat did to me when I was riding shotgun after a dyno tune. When I took my sister for a ride in my car, her comment was, "Holy crap!"

-K
Could be the powerband differences between the LS6 and the LS2...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote