in need - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Appearence/Ground Effects/Wheels

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
hopkins2007

Exclamation in need

hey fellas, im new to the site and pretty new to the GTO scene. but anyways ill get to the point. iv got an 04' and i wanna put some new rims on it. my mechanic told me it was going to be a pain finding rims to fit it? what all do i need to know...are they any different from mustang rims or no? i want black 18" 5 spoke with a chrome lip preferably... and if not ill settle for all chrome. but anyways.. will someone please either tell me what i need to know or point me in the direction of a rim site asap?
hopkins2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Nocturn

They are different, the offset is not a standard issue one, it is also used on rare cars such as the BMW M5. Just search for rims for a GTO, or find out what the offset is and start from there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
hopkins2007

hmm well here comes the part where i look totally ignorant. but if i never ask ill never know/learn right? whats the offset and whats that have to be (ish)?

Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
hopkins2007

sorry to be a post whore put i plugged in my info on this site ( 2004 pontiac gto ) and all these came up.. so these should fit? correct?

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...price&on-sale=
Old 05-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
cncmasterofor

TSW makes a wide range of wheels with many offsets. They seem to be popular amongst the GTO owners. All depends on what size tires you want to run. Staggered setup or not.
I believe my Foose wheels are a 42 offset. Any tire/wheel shop should be able to get what you want. Just need to spend sometime searching.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
LA_Phantom

The ROH Drift R's are fabricated to fit the GTO's 5x120 bolt pattern. Generally speaking many folks are going with 18"x8" or 19"x8" on the front and 18"x9" or 19"x9" on the rear. The rear wheels have an offset of something like 53", which will allow one to fit a 275-series of some tire brands without modification of the rear fenders' lips. That is, not all 275-series tires will fit without rubbing the fenders unless the fenders' lips are either rolled or cut.

Disclaimer: I am working from memory, which fails me from time to time.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
hopkins2007

hye fallas... i finally got my new wheels and tires.. just though id share and see what yall had to say! http://http://viewmorepics.myspace.c...lbumId=1594035
Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

No picture....

"Can't find server"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
hopkins2007

http://www.myspace.com/jhop3 sorry... you'll have to go to my pics and go to the goats albumn.. sorry for the hassle. hey orbit where you from in So Ill?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Check your PM and welcome to the board.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
citlalidelsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins2007 View Post
hey fellas, im new to the site and pretty new to the GTO scene. but anyways ill get to the point. iv got an 04' and i wanna put some new rims on it. my mechanic told me it was going to be a pain finding rims to fit it? what all do i need to know...are they any different from mustang rims or no? i want black 18" 5 spoke with a chrome lip preferably... and if not ill settle for all chrome. but anyways.. will someone please either tell me what i need to know or point me in the direction of a rim site asap?
There are many online stores selling tires, but I have bought tires earlier from this very professional online store and was completely satisfied with the service. Please try out: www.clicktire.com , they are trained and qualified besides providing you with the customer service and satisfaction to fit your budget and needs.
citlalidelsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
SILVER_SWAGG

Nice Whip

I just checked out your link and the car looks nice. I personally went with staggered mrr gt1's (18s). I'm loving the hood to. How much it set u back?
SILVER_SWAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #13
caryabhi125

TSW is a good option.
caryabhi125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement