Mercedes C32 Kompressor & 90's Vette - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > Kill Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
dapper24

Ran up against a Mercedes C32 AMG Kompressor this morning, didn't know anything about the car and wasn't expecting it to be fast, but they are. Was still able to pull on him until 50 when we let off. Would have liked to take it higher but situation wouldn't allow.

Had a 90's Corvette run against me last week. Had sort of a double cowl hood (raised in front of driver and passenger, flat in the middle). Don't know if it was a specific model or just a mod the guy made. The Vette stayed just behind all the way to 100mph, so it was a draw. The guy was really cool we were both chuckling after the race.

Still haven't been beat

Stay Cool!
dapper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
drowssap

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think anything with the AMG decal on, should not be taken lightly.

Good kill. Congrats
drowssap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
SiDeWaYzGTO

Quote:
Originally posted by drowssap@Jul 31 2005, 01:25 PM
I'm not an expert by any means, but I think anything with the AMG decal on, should not be taken lightly.

Good kill. Congrats
Yea that sounds about right, from my research i've just made a rule of thumb that any mercedes with just the two numbers shouldn't be taken lightly. EX: Cl55 and whatever else they might have along those lines but the AMG rule works just as well. But anyways congrats on the kill
SiDeWaYzGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
torridredaccd

any CL, SL, S, E, or even SLR, would kick our cars to the curb. even heavily modified GTOs cant keep up with the 65 amgs or SLRs.
torridredaccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #5
SiDeWaYzGTO

Quote:
Originally posted by torridredaccd@Aug 4 2005, 03:34 PM
any CL, SL, S, E, or even SLR, would kick our cars to the curb. even heavily modified GTOs cant keep up with the 65 amgs or SLRs.
Not necessarily, not sure about quarter mile times but in the 0-60 the we actually have advantadges over some of those cars, not all of them but quite a few
SiDeWaYzGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:48 PM   #6
M Night B

Unless it has the AMG tag on the back, a stock or near stock GTO should be able to take them. Just remember that many of those cars are haulin' over 5000lbs dry.
M Night B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement