I finally got one! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
DeezGTO

I finally got one!

Hello Everyone,
My name is Deanne, I'm from Southern Ca, near LAX.
After much patience and putting off getting another project car (last one was an '66 Chevelle SS) the opportunity presented itself! I was able to land an 04 GTO (Phantom Black/ Red Leather) for $14K. (it did have high miles, 49K) But I don't plan on using it as a daily commuter as I believe it was used for previously. I am beyond thrilled!!! This poor goat was in need of my TLC.
It was filthy and unloved. First thing... called my detailer and he brought it's shine back and got the engine compartment all cleaned up. Reconditioned the leather interior and got rid of the nasty air freshener. The front end has lots of pits and chips from what looks like freeway commuting.
I have my personalized plates on order with DMV, hubby picked up an RKSport hood and ordered a K&N intake. Now I just need to find those SAP grills and put some new wheels on and I'm set.
This is one happy mom of two little ones. I'm glad to be a part of this forum and looking forward to getting to know you all.
Deanne

DeezGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Welcome to the board!

Looks like you will provide a happy "home" for this abused Goat. Good luck with finding the grilles for anything less than an arm and a leg as they have been discontinued by GM and those with them are asking exhorbitant prices for them.

Oh, and check for strut rub on the inside of the front tires as they may contact the strut on your '04. Also give the fuel line a check as it may be rubbing and chafing against the driver fuel rail cover at the rear of the cover. Feel free to ask questions and share your experiences with your GTO.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
FROROCKS

CONGRATS!!! Your gonna love that car! And your gonna do alot of these- !
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FROROCKS; 03-05-2007 at 09:52 AM.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
LA_Phantom

Welcome, DeezGTO...and congratulations on the purchase of a fine automobile. In addition to the cosmetics (i.e., hood, wheels, etc.), do you plan on doing anything with the engine in terms of "enhanced performance"? Anyhow, enjoy your third baby...and be careful...so many folks out there who do not know how to drive.

-K

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Paul Vaagenes

Congrats; You are going to love it. I sure enjoy my 06 Brazen Orange GTO. I dont know if you have heard the old song ' Little old lady from pasadena' My 74 year old mother mentioned to me today that a friend of hers from child hood days who is same age as my mother just bought last week a new 06 GTO. She lives in a small town in North Dakota. I think she would qualify for the 'little old lady from pasadena' go granny go granny go go go.
Paul Vaagenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
DeezGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Welcome to the board!

Looks like you will provide a happy "home" for this abused Goat. Good luck with finding the grilles for anything less than an arm and a leg as they have been discontinued by GM and those with them are asking exhorbitant prices for them.

Oh, and check for strut rub on the inside of the front tires as they may contact the strut on your '04. Also give the fuel line a check as it may be rubbing and chafing against the driver fuel rail cover at the rear of the cover. Feel free to ask questions and share your experiences with your GTO.
Thanks for the advice on the strut rub. We have been doing lots of searches and I'll let you all know if I find anything on the SAP kits.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
DeezGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROROCKS
CONGRATS!!! Your gonna love that car! And your gonna do alot of these- !
Oh yeah!!! I do that everytime I drive it!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
DeezGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Phantom
Welcome, DeezGTO...and congratulations on the purchase of a fine automobile. In addition to the cosmetics (i.e., hood, wheels, etc.), do you plan on doing anything with the engine in terms of "enhanced performance"? Anyhow, enjoy your third baby...and be careful...so many folks out there who do not know how to drive.

-K
Hi Phantom!
The only thing I plan on doing regarding performance is a new exhaust system and an intake system. I'm in CA and I'm limited on what I can do.
I don't want to mess with it too much, cause it needs to pass smog.

Dee
Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezGTO
Hi Phantom!
The only thing I plan on doing regarding performance is a new exhaust system and an intake system. I'm in CA and I'm limited on what I can do.
I don't want to mess with it too much, cause it needs to pass smog.

Dee
Not that I can relate, but I do understand. I do not know that I would be better off not having invested so much money in mods, but I would certainly have a fatter savings account. The really cool thing about these cars is the fact that they are plenty quick off of the showroom floor. After having owned my goat for approximately 15 months, I love her just as much (probably more) as the day I took possession of her. For some strange reason I just don't grow tired of driving my GTO, and when I do...there is this strange transformation through which I go.

-K

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement