I Found My Christmas Present - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Power Adder/Nitrous Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
LA_Phantom

I Found My Christmas Present

Above is the 701HP Kenne Bell Supercharged/Intercooled LS1 that was installed in Larry Weiner’s Performance West ‘59 Chevy Sedan Delivery Street Rod. The engine was built and dyno tested by Turnkey Engine Supply in Oceanside, California. The LS1 features Air Flow Research heads and cams, FAST 90mm throttle body, Turnkey Stand Alone System, 62lb injectors and Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™. 8.1 compression ratio allows use of 91-94 octane pump gas for daily street or off road use. Boost and HP can be increased further with higher octane race fuel for weekend racing. Torque? Try 670 ft. lbs. at only 2000 rpm. And it still had 600 ft. lbs. at 6000 rpm! Think you’ll feel THAT fat, flat torque curve? The supercharger has a power potential of 950HP.

Under the intimidating Kenne Bell supercharged hood is the big 2.6L 900HP rated Twin Screw that’s just loafing at even 600HP. This is no OEM Roots style supercharger but instead, a race proven Twin Screw capable of up to 18 psi boost with no “boost drop off.” It’s fed by a huge 93mm high density plastic inlet and filter system that accepts either the stock 76mm or LS2 90mm throttle body. The external bypass system is open during normal driving conditions thereby “freewheeling” the supercharger and maintaining fuel economy.

-K

P.S. PM me and I will provide my address so that you can have this shipped to me, or if you would like, drop it off at my house personally.

Any ideas as to whom I should will my GTO to when I install this supercharger and kill myself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
scot254

Larry Weiner, I think that's Harry's twin brother

Anyways it's good to see KB being put on an LS1 rather than a 4.6.
Idle Clip:

2011 Corvette - Torch Red - A6-- Cam, Headers, Exhaust
419/415

2013 Ford Focus - Grey Metallic
scot254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
mechanic58
Banned

That torque curve defies the laws of physics. lol.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
formula79
Administrator

Maggie who?
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula79
Maggie who?
No freakin' doubt! In any event, I would be sur[rised if we saw one of these explicitly for the GTO. I thought I had sen something about this that indicated that there was not enough under the goat's hood. An LS2 model is not out of the question, but it will probably be for a Vette. So we take the Vette version of the supercharger and fab up the necessary hardware.

So, here is the million dollar idea...design and produce a conversion kit so that the supercharger can be used on a GTO. Any takers?

-K

|
|
Old 11-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
mechanic58
Banned

Superchargers are neat, I agree, but *I* still prefer huge displacement, high compression and natural aspiration. Any of you guys ever had the pleasure of being able to pilot a car that had a 454+ inch engine with about a 13:1 static compression ratio? It's better than sex (well, sex with at least a few women I know). lol.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #7
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
Superchargers are neat, I agree, but *I* still prefer huge displacement, high compression and natural aspiration. Any of you guys ever had the pleasure of being able to pilot a car that had a 454+ inch engine with about a 13:1 static compression ratio? It's better than sex (well, sex with at least a few women I know). lol.
I have not had such as pleasure as you have described. I got to thinking about it and realized that the most cubes I have had move me is 472 cuin in my dad's old '68 Caddie. This certainly was not built to be a big time performer. Other than the Caddie, the biggest engine, that was built for performance, was the 400 cuin big block that was in my '72 GTO. This engine was stock when I got it, but ended up with the following modifications:
  • TRW Pistons & Rings
  • Edlebrock Aluminum Intake
  • Holley 600 cfm Vacuum Secondary Carb
  • Ported and Polished H.O. 455 Heads (shaved 0.030")
  • Crane Fireball Cam
  • Hooker Headers
  • Shift Kit for TH400 Transmission
Thinking back in time, I also drove a '71 Road Runner w/ 383 Magnum. The reason for mentioning this is because it was sporting a manual transmission (w/ factory Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter). I know my next statement is not politically correct, but I don't really care. To push and hold in the clutch for any significant period of time, one had to be a real man. I recall sitting at a red light and my leg shaking like hell as I tried to keep the clutch engaged. These days we certainly have things like this a lot easier.

-K

|
|
Old 11-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
mechanic58
Banned

lol. I had a '69 Camaro that was an original Z28 car. But it had been hacked long before I got it. I put a 454 with TWO 4-barrels on it, in it and an M21 with 4.10's in the rearend. That car was DANGEROUS. You could be just cruising down the highway at 55 and mash on the gas (that's all you had to do) and it would just lightem up. You had to be really careful about how you drove that car. lol.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
andyx181x

you guys are crazy, i wish i had that kind of cash to do that to cars. is it easy to say there is no such thing as too much power, but not enough power?
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:30 AM   #10
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
you guys are crazy, i wish i had that kind of cash to do that to cars. is it easy to say there is no such thing as too much power, but not enough power?
I don't recall how much money I put into my '72 GTO, but I will bet that, in parts, it was less than I have invested in the few bolt-ons for I have for my '05 GTO. I just don't remember the parts costing me too much. However, I was given the 455 H.O. heads. It is good to have friends who have no use for specific engine components.

-K

|
|
Old 12-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
andyx181x

lol true be that, but what do you think? is there really such thing as too much power, or not enough?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
lol true be that, but what do you think? is there really such thing as too much power, or not enough?
I say "yes" and "yes". If I have to worry about getting to the top of a hill, I think that the car I am driving does not have enough power. If when I slightly step on the gas all the car does is smoke the tires, then I have way too much power for my setup. I guess then it is time to concentrate on getting all of that power to the ground. When this is accomplished, I am at a point when I do not have enough power and will require more. It's a vicious cycle.

-K

|
|
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #13
andyx181x

oh yes, not even some kind of A.A. style meetings could help us there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement