Spintech - Page 3 - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #31
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
what they do recommend is buy their 40 series that they sell mainly for 60s muscle cars and install those on the GTO. theres probably one person on here who has flowmasters but i haven't seen them on for a while; ironic though they made a fully custom black painted exhaust system for the 05 mustangs when they came out, can you sense the favortaisim there? i wouldnt ever consider borla, its too expensive cause its stainless steel and its polised both inside and out, its good but not wroth the cash. spintech is good but also look into: magnaflow and corsca
What, am I chop liver?

I have the 40 series Deltaflow Flowmasters and love them. I heard the Spintech, Corsca on a few Goats and they sound good. One of them (witch one I forget) sounds a bit ricey to me. Borla sounds good too. I never did like Magnaflow. Still don't. My old man had them on his 88 Camaro with a 383 stroker supercharged. To much pop-in and rattling. He switched to Flowmasters. Also a local Goat owner switched from Magnaflow to Flowmasters after hearing my baby.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #32
Nocturn

Why the hell would anyone switch to an H pipe? X pipes have been proven time and time again to offer better gains. Unless you want to sacrafice power in order to alter the sound, there is absolutely no reason to swtich to an H. An aftermarket X pipe will ALWAYS make more power than an aftermarket H pipe.

That said, swapping mufflers or for that matter anything AFTER the catalytic converters shouldn't alter your emissions at all. The only thing that might keep you from passing is if you remove the cats, or switch to long tubes, but I'm not sure about indiana's laws so.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #33
MissGTO

Question

Ok so if I just buy the spintech mufflers.... will they sound similar to these cars....

Car #1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lni_h7n3rQc

Car #2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=F1UAHs1qkiU

These cars are '05 & '06 GTO's with ONLY the spintech mufflers.

Also, I thought the '05 and '06 GTO's came stock with an x-pipe? Or were you saying to upgrade the oem x-pipe to an aftermarket x-pipe?

Thanks!
MissGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #34
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGTO
Ok so if I just buy the spintech mufflers.... will they sound similar to these cars....

Car #1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lni_h7n3rQc

Car #2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=F1UAHs1qkiU

These cars are '05 & '06 GTO's with ONLY the spintech mufflers.

Also, I thought the '05 and '06 GTO's came stock with an x-pipe? Or were you saying to upgrade the oem x-pipe to an aftermarket x-pipe?

Thanks!
Well logically, if these cars have spintech mufflers only, and you upgrade to the same product you would sound the same.

A factory x pipe will probably flow better than an aftermarket H pipe, but an aftermarket X pipe would flow best, in short don't upgrade to an H pipe as they are horribly ineffecient, if your going to change the X pipe, upgrade to a better X pipe.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #35
MissGTO

And where would I find the best aftermarket x-pipe for a reasonable price?

Thanks alot! You've been great help.
MissGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #36
Nocturn

I haven't a clue, I last bought one from Dr.Gas who was partnered with Spintech at the time, I have no idea who makes the best ones now, or for the GTO as it was for a different car.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #37
cncmasterofor

Are the aftermarket X-pipes really worth $ compared to stock?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #38
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmasterofor
Are the aftermarket X-pipes really worth $ compared to stock?
Is replacing the mufflers worth it?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #39
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Is replacing the mufflers worth it?
I think it's worth it for the sound quality. As for the HP gains?
I can only assume that the X-pipe would have better flow vs the H-pipe vs stock. I am totally unedjucated on the three. Help a brother out.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #40
Nocturn

Quote:
I think it's worth it for the sound quality. As for the HP gains?
I can only assume that the X-pipe would have better flow vs the H-pipe vs stock. I am totally unedjucated on the three. Help a brother out.
Yes, X pipe has much better flow dynamics than the H. Having dual exhaust with no crossover is the worst though, crossovers improve flow and balance between the pipes. They also smoothen out the tone for a more consistant sound. So you hear the engine as a hole, and less of each individual cylinder.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #41
andyx181x

Quote:
What, am I chop liver?

I have the 40 series Deltaflow Flowmasters and love them. I heard the Spintech, Corsca on a few Goats and they sound good. One of them (witch one I forget) sounds a bit ricey to me. Borla sounds good too. I never did like Magnaflow. Still don't. My old man had them on his 88 Camaro with a 383 stroker supercharged. To much pop-in and rattling. He switched to Flowmasters. Also a local Goat owner switched from Magnaflow to Flowmasters after hearing my baby.
interesting, i would get flowmasters but the fact there is no full system which in understand cause the GTO is a limited produced car, however here in cali everyone has flowmaster! not to mention the cops get paranoied fast when they hear you accelerating and they already suspect your up to no good.
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #42
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Yes, X pipe has much better flow dynamics than the H. Having dual exhaust with no crossover is the worst though, crossovers improve flow and balance between the pipes. They also smoothen out the tone for a more consistant sound. So you hear the engine as a hole, and less of each individual cylinder.

i agree, i remember when i took automotive in highschool we saw the different layouts for dual exhaust and H design is severly out dated; an x system just connects better.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #43
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGTO
So, I still have yet to buy an exhaust or headers for my goat. The more research I do... the more I change my mind. I was on Ls1gto.com and I see several people buying just the spintech mufflers and getting an H-pipe. Anyone here familar with this set-up. I guess there's this guy on the site that fabricates his own h-pipes. You can get a clamp or weld one. The one you have to get welded would be better, right?

The only reason I really wanted an exhaust was for sound. I know you don't get much horsepower from it that's why I'm thinking about just getting the spintech pro street mufflers for sound and getting Kooks LT's.

From what I've heard on youtube of the spintech mufflers.... it impressed me. What do you guys think? Will I be fine for Indiana's emissions or no? I heard that from switching from my x-pipe to an H-pipe with spintech mufflers will possibly set off an O2 sensor. Is this true?

Thanks!

check to make sure that they sell a full cat back exhaust for the GTO from spintech, if they do your already buying the pllumbing with the X pipe in it
Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #44
bravolistik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched 6.0
I have the magnaflow system on my car, and I don't like the sounds of it when i shift. It makes a noise that sounds like a turkey being raped. Not sure what i'm going to do about it, but maybe the Spintech sould be an option.
turkey being raped ... !!?? my side hurts i laughed so hard
bravolistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #45
GT O yea

Rape the Turkey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravolistik
turkey being raped ... !!?? my side hurts i laughed so hard
ROFLAO statement of the day for sure, however I know what he's talking about though, I had the same raped Turkey sound when ever I got on it at about 2500-3000 rpm in my 01 Camaro (Supercharged 3.8L), with MagnaFlow, they rap out nice in the upper range and have a nice tone when idling, but midrange was not to appealing.
GT O yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement