Hole drilled in mid pipe exhaust sleeve - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
doww301

Hole drilled in mid pipe exhaust sleeve

Hi Folks: Got a question. I have an '06 a4 goat; and, on this car, I have a 3/8" round hole drilled in the tope of the sleeve where the mid pipe flange is welded. The sleeve is toward the cat on the passenger side mid pipe. This hole shoots exhaust directly up on the heat shield attached to the bottom of the car. Also, it affects the sound of the car. I only noticed this sound difference recently so my question is, is there supposed to be some device or bolt that normally fits into this hole and blocks the exhaust? If so, this makes no sense to me. I can't think of any normal reason why this hole should be there. I did a pretty exhaustive search and couldn't find anything on it which only reinforces my opinion on this. Here is a photo of the sleeve-I think it's a factory installed item. Sorry I couldn't get a photo of the hole but it's right on the top of that sleeve the flange bolts to. Any Ideas other than something dumb that somebody did before I owned the car, or is this a factory screw up that I only recently noticed? Thanks in advance for help on this![IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement