New, introducing myself here... - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
S20G*SS*BALT

Exclamation New, introducing myself here...

hey everybody, my name is john, i am a member of this site due to wanting to sell my 2009 cobalt ss/tc for a 6.0 GTO. my reasons why, well, quite obvious to many of you im sure, but i will explain myself.... i bought the car new last year, and since then, spent $10,000 in bolt-ons, ---((( look in my signature and in my pics )))--- and have realized that the money im spending trying to get power is a horrible ratio... i havent touched the motor yet, nor the tranny or fuel system besides the stage 4 clutch... and right now, on low boost, which isnt even fully tuned yet, im maybe around 340whp... 20 psi.. on high boost, 26-28 psi, planning on 400 on the dot... still, on a stock motor and all, not a good idea and wouldnt last long at all for any reason. so, my plan is, to sell it for what i can once i finish tuning it on high boost, and buying a super clean 6.0 GTO whether it be bone stock, or lightly modded. miles dont matter, as long as its a real clean lookin goat im cool with it. my dad has a 1969 gto judge which is being proffessionally restored, best lookin car i ever seen and it aint even done yet, you can ask anybody and if they seen it they will all say the same thing... so that inspired me to look into a GTO as well.. i would like to have it all done up from front to rear, inside and out like an old 69 judge, but with a bit more **** in its britches. so, anybody for any reason, please enlighten me on these monster rides.. i am ready to hear some good things and bad, feel free to ask any questions and make any comments, jus remember though, i am no newb when it comes to cars so i will somewhat know what you're talking about. thanks everybody. lets begin.
S20G*SS*BALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
S20G*SS*BALT

pic of my current ride..
Old 02-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard and nice ride. Plenty of mods available for GTO's and the LS2. You'll be way over your 340 whp once you do some basic mods like headers, intake, exhaust and tune. After that the sky and your wallet is the limit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
S20G*SS*BALT

i have a lot of questions, and thanks for the reply, i am currently in teh process of selling my balt right out so i can pay off the loan and buy me a super clean GTO.. must be a 6.0 with low miles. money for modifications is not an issue with me, i got what it takes as long as the knowledge... one thing i have heard is that rear main seals go bad a lot in these things.. true?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
S20G*SS*BALT

and im from effingham illinois
Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S20G*SS*BALT View Post
i have a lot of questions, and thanks for the reply, i am currently in teh process of selling my balt right out so i can pay off the loan and buy me a super clean GTO.. must be a 6.0 with low miles. money for modifications is not an issue with me, i got what it takes as long as the knowledge... one thing i have heard is that rear main seals go bad a lot in these things.. true?

I haven't heard that one before. There are a few suspension issues from the factory. Like the rear springs, front struts, radius rod bushings, strut mount bushings.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
S20G*SS*BALT

hmm.. thanks for the info man, so chances are those issues probly already been taken care of by the previous owners? i hope so, if not, is it that serious?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

My wife worked in Effingham for several years before we were married.

Quote:
one thing i have heard is that rear main seals go bad a lot in these things.. true?
I'd say this is a rare occurance from what I've gleaned on this site and other sites. A few maybe but I don't think it is a big problem.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
S20G*SS*BALT

awesome, yea i grew up there in effingham, then i joined the army bout 4 years ago and been here at ft. campbell and to iraq, fixin to go to afghanistan in a couple months. but thats good to hear about the rear main seals, so far what im lookin at for mods on a 6.0 gto is fully assembled CNC heads with some nice cams, connecting rods, pistons, sleeves, intake manifold w/bigger throttle body, cold air intake, MSD coil packs, starter, all that good stuff, headers and exhaust, and of course a good solid tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement