Spintech - Page 2 - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

There's a reason why people look to SoCal and the desert southwest for rot free sheetmetal on older cars. As for us in the midwest and east coast road salt and cinders are a common winter pestilence on our cars.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
Yet another reason we put up with CA, My Blazer is from the east and it's a 00 the whole bottom is rust, no the strange thing is CA think a car with 50k on is way low mileage for a used car the average is about 80k and up and that is still good for us.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #18
formula79
Administrator

Aluminized will last longer than most people will have the car. They do offer a stainless option at a signifigant premium.
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #19
MissGTO

Where is the cheapest place to order a Spintech Pro Street exhaust for an '05 6.0?
MissGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #20
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGTO
Where is the cheapest place to order a Spintech Pro Street exhaust for an '05 6.0?
www.marylandspeed.com appears to have some pretty good prices on Spintech exhaust systems. However, I did not see Spintech Pro Street listed explicitly.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #21
svede1212

i had a Spintech Pro Street 2 1/2" exhaust made up for my car with a Magnaflow x-pipe. now i have a cammed, headers, !cats exhaust to start with and it was really loud, too loud for me. i added 3" inlet/outlet 21" Power Sticks to it up in the mid-pipe section and now i love the sound. a little more subdued at low throttle but screaming at WOT. PS i got my Spintechs on eBay and got a lot better price than the speed shops

Go:
- SD tune - HPT w/LC-1 - SLP LTs - FTI SS HT Cam - Stiffy - SLP UD - 243 Heads - Custom Exhaust - NW 102 TB - FAST 102 - 3.91s w/Spring Kit - DiffTech DS - Fjord 42# Green Tops - Diamond Stg 3 clutch

Handling: GMM Rip Shift - Harrop Cover - Koni's - Hotchkis - Lovells springs - SuperPro - Energy Susp - Pedders - '05 Brakes - 1" widened rear wheels
Show: Tints 55% Fronts, 15% Rear & Rear Sides - '06 Black Tails

Last edited by svede1212; 06-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.
svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #22
LS2weber

Sound clip would be cool
Old 06-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #23
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
I have the magnaflow system on my car, and I don't like the sounds of it when i shift. It makes a noise that sounds like a turkey being raped. Not sure what i'm going to do about it, but maybe the Spintech sould be an option.
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #24
LS2weber

I just get popping when I shift
Old 07-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #25
speeddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched 6.0
I have the magnaflow system on my car, and I don't like the sounds of it when i shift. It makes a noise that sounds like a turkey being raped. Not sure what i'm going to do about it, but maybe the Spintech sould be an option.
lol my magnaflow makes a wierd ass sound also
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #26
MissGTO

Thanks Phantom.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #27
MissGTO

IS there many on here with flowmasters? I'm beginning to think I should just go the smart/cheap route and get a flowmaster AND kooks LT's rather than just a borla or spintech and have to put the kooks on hold.

One more ?: I cannot seem to find an online store with a flowmaster exhaust for an '05 gto. I went to flowmasterperformance.com and they stop at '04. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #28
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGTO
IS there many on here with flowmasters? I'm beginning to think I should just go the smart/cheap route and get a flowmaster AND kooks LT's rather than just a borla or spintech and have to put the kooks on hold.

One more ?: I cannot seem to find an online store with a flowmaster exhaust for an '05 gto. I went to flowmasterperformance.com and they stop at '04. Any suggestions? Thanks!

sorry but flowmaster just as cheap as you were expecting never bothered to make a whole exhaust kit for 05-06 GTOs, even the 04 isn't that great. what they do recommend is buy their 40 series that they sell mainly for 60s muscle cars and install those on the GTO. theres probably one person on here who has flowmasters but i haven't seen them on for a while; ironic though they made a fully custom black painted exhaust system for the 05 mustangs when they came out, can you sense the favortaisim there? i wouldnt ever consider borla, its too expensive cause its stainless steel and its polised both inside and out, its good but not wroth the cash. spintech is good but also look into: magnaflow and corsca
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #29
asktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
ironic though they made a fully custom black painted exhaust system for the 05 mustangs when they came out, can you sense the favortaisim there?
The reality is that any manufacturer is going to build products where there's a volume market. Compare the Mustang production of something like 140,000 units vs. GTO sales of (I'm sure I'm misstating) something like 9,000-10,000 units. If you are going to the expense of R&D and scaled manufacturing, you need to pick opportunities where you can sell a bunch.
asktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
MissGTO

Question

So, I still have yet to buy an exhaust or headers for my goat. The more research I do... the more I change my mind. I was on Ls1gto.com and I see several people buying just the spintech mufflers and getting an H-pipe. Anyone here familar with this set-up. I guess there's this guy on the site that fabricates his own h-pipes. You can get a clamp or weld one. The one you have to get welded would be better, right?

The only reason I really wanted an exhaust was for sound. I know you don't get much horsepower from it that's why I'm thinking about just getting the spintech pro street mufflers for sound and getting Kooks LT's.

From what I've heard on youtube of the spintech mufflers.... it impressed me. What do you guys think? Will I be fine for Indiana's emissions or no? I heard that from switching from my x-pipe to an H-pipe with spintech mufflers will possibly set off an O2 sensor. Is this true?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement