H11 headlight bulbs, help! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Appearence/Ground Effects/Wheels

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
andyx181x

H11 headlight bulbs, help!

the aftermarket bulbs i got already burned out in four months, second pair of the same kind and i dont want to get screwed over again with buying aftermarket. anybody know a dependable brand? im willing to go with sylvanian but i want to know if there is something of decent quality and isnt ugly yellow light
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

For our information, what were the aftermarket bulbs that burnt out so quickly on you again?

I've installed Sylvania Silverstars in my wife's GTP, but I don't know if they make them for our Goats. Have you checked their website?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 AM   #3
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
For our information, what were the aftermarket bulbs that burnt out so quickly on you again?

I've installed Sylvania Silverstars in my wife's GTP, but I don't know if they make them for our Goats. Have you checked their website?

yea i did, unfortunatley holden seems to invest in bulb types that many strong manfuactures like sylvania dont bother to make a better looking bulb. its a simple bulb replacement nothing more, im talking about two different brands of halgoen blue-white (xenon gas supposably) bulbs. the kind you see them trying to get rid of at some performance stores, anything that looks from asia. supposably PIAA makes decent bulbs but i dont know it worth the 55 bucks even for ebay prices

Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Is it 55 bucks for one or for the pair?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
FROROCKS

I liked the PIAAs, had them in my GTP and I run them in my suburban. Nice and bright and have not have one burn out. I believe they have a one year guarantee.
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
andyx181x

Quote:
Is it 55 bucks for one or for the pair?

pair
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I'm also curious. Have you pulled the DRL fuse yet? I figure you can probably extend headlamp bulb life significantly by not running the DRL's. Plus I like the look too. Just a suggestion.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
andyx181x

Quote:
I'm also curious. Have you pulled the DRL fuse yet? I figure you can probably extend headlamp bulb life significantly by not running the DRL's. Plus I like the look too. Just a suggestion.

theres a fuse for that?????????????????? AHH!!!!!!! i was wondering how to turn those things off, i knew there had to be a way. yea most likely the aftermarkets popped since we drove the goat to el paso, talking about 8-11 hour non stop drives with drl on. thank you so much i didnt bother to think there was a seperate fuse, i thought the drl and the regular function were tied together. so auto setting will still work right?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
Nocturn

Well the GTO isn't equipped with HID's to my knowledge, and thus trying to get a blueish tinted bulb is only going to be amateur at best. A full HID conversion set will probably run you around 2-500 bucks, but it would give you the actual HIDs and not just a HID looking bluish bulb.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
so auto setting will still work right?
Unfortunately not as it must run through the same fuse/relay. It doesn't bother me as I don't do much after dark driving and if I do I just switch them on.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Well the GTO isn't equipped with HID's to my knowledge, and thus trying to get a blueish tinted bulb is only going to be amateur at best. A full HID conversion set will probably run you around 2-500 bucks, but it would give you the actual HIDs and not just a HID looking bluish bulb.

yes i know and i cant afford to a conversion kit, im just looking for some decent halogen bulbs that obviously look better then the ugly yellow light that the OEMS have but reliable lol
Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #12
andyx181x

Quote:
Unfortunately not as it must run through the same fuse/relay. It doesn't bother me as I don't do much after dark driving and if I do I just switch them on.

so auto setting no longer works, and you just got to manually switch them on?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #13
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
so auto setting no longer works, and you just got to manually switch them on?
Correct

Old 08-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
andyx181x

well ill consider it, in any cases i been talking to this guy who his own online store of regular OEM style bulbs but also trouble shoots and lends his knowledge. he told me that you can swap out the H11 for the H9 bulbs and will work, im just making sure that the watt difference wont damage the electrical system or the headlight housing, and that since its a high beam bulb on our goat it wont get us in trouble with the law
Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #15
shamronbeach

Quote:
I have relay removed and my auto setting still works.
shamronbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement