Ok I fold - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
Ok I fold

Need your help I have folded and I am getting an intake system, now I have come down to 2 the K&N and the Volant. It's only a $60.00 between the 2 but what I can not find is do I need to cut or change anything with the Volant? The K&N just bolts in.
Now for just the hell of it my buddy with an 05 can pull me now after getting the K&N and before it was just up to the driver so I say the intake thing works now I just need to know witch one.
Who has a Volant and do I need to do any cutting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
menace121978

wow 25 views and 0 replies!! i'd say go with the K&N ASAP so theres no replay of what happened the other night!! ****, i really need a vid. recorder! LOL J/K buddy
menace121978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
formula79
Administrator

I love the Volant because it has a fully inclused airbox, which keeps IAT's down.
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
LA_Phantom

I am of the opinion that you generally will not be able to take full advantage of the aftermarket intake, which has nothing to do with cold air, without some form of tune. Installing one of these intakes results in a greater volumetric flow of "hot" air. That is, you get more air, but it isn't cold. Getting cold air to the engine requires more than what either K&N of Volant kits provide.

It should be noted that there has been documented cases where Hp & Tq have been lost when implementing aftermarket intakes without tuning. Upon putting the stock airbox back in, the lost horsepower and torque are immediately gained back.

I never set a baseline dyno pull, but with Kooks Long Tube Headers, Magnaflow Catback, and K&N Air Charger CAI...without a tune the car made 359 rwhp / 362 rwtq. After the tune the car made 374 rwhp / 367 rwtq. I think that it would have been interesting to see the dyno results with headers & catback, but without the CAI and tune.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Last edited by LA_Phantom; 11-02-2007 at 11:39 PM.
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
I will have the car tuned in Jan. and I think what we are going to do a pull with stock and then intake system, then I will be getting my headers and hi flow cats. Help I can't stop LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement