Who's done Predator programmer? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2004 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Question Who's done Predator programmer?

OK, 04 owners, who's done it and how do you like it?

I'm getting very near to getting one and I thought I'd get your opinions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
BRMike

There are a couple of good speed shops near my home, so I've decided that when the time comes, I will have the tune done there.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike
There are a couple of good speed shops near my home, so I've decided that when the time comes, I will have the tune done there.
When the time comes!? The time is now...there is no time like the present...why put off until tomorrow what you can do today? Let's get that bad boy tuned! And while were at it, I have some other ideas for you...after all, it is only money, and you can't take it with you.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
BRMike

I lived out my hopes of the long tube headers and Magnaflow exhaust through your 2005 GTO. That's why I showed up at the shop last week!
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
bgjmz2

Night & day my friend. I won't drive mine without my tune. RWTD custom tune, that is. It helps my car drive like it was intended, without restriction.
bgjmz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #6
scot254

Get it dyno tuned from a reputable tuner. I originally had a RWTD tune, was it right for my car, I don't know? There certainly was a difference, but raising up tightening shift points can play a trick on seat of the pants driving.
Idle Clip:

2011 Corvette - Torch Red - A6-- Cam, Headers, Exhaust
419/415

2013 Ford Focus - Grey Metallic
scot254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Well I guess I'll be one of the few here that does. Looks like I may be getting the Predator for a Father's Day present. I'll let ya' all know what happens.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Old 05-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
gto n 442

please do .there are no reputable tuners out here in the sticks of nebraska.
gto n 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I hear ya'. Some people don't know how good they have it when it comes to accessability to modders/tuners. And there is no way I'm taking out the PCM/ECM and sending it somewhere. I'm just looking forward to dumping the torque management and playing with the shift times and pressures and seeing exactly what the canned tune will yield. I'll take my G-Tech meter out for some before and after runs to see if it yields anything. Let all of you know.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Well I just ordered my Predator from TByrne today. Should be here either tomorrow or Saturday I hope. I let you all know what I think of it once it comes and I play around with it some. I don't have a dyno or track handy so I'll have to go out with my G-Tech accelerometer and get some before and after runs.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
I don't have a dyno or track handy so I'll have to go out with my G-Tech accelerometer and get some before and after runs.
I am very interested to read about the results from this experiment. In addition to the "hard numbers", I hope to read about your overall impression.

When you receive your Predator, and if you want to get a bit more fancy, the following article provides the "how to" for self tuning with the Predator:

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60633

-K

|
|
Old 06-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #12
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am very interested to read about the results from this experiment. In addition to the "hard numbers", I hope to read about your overall impression.
I'll make sure I post what happens. I'll probably do some more reading up and preparation before I dive into the self tuning aspect of the Predator. I'll take it slow and see what works. It's ability to read trouble codes and provide real time data on certain parameters sounds pretty cool. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #13
mechanic58
Banned

I just picked up a Predator. But I don't have it in my possession yet. I too and curious to see how useful it is. Mainly, I got it so I could disable the rear 02 codes and recalibrate my speedo, eventually. Because I plan to change my gear. OH, and I wanna disable the CAGS too. I got mine used, from a guy on LS1gto. $180. (yes, it's unlocked...lol)
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #14
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
I just picked up a Predator. But I don't have it in my possession yet. I too and curious to see how useful it is. Mainly, I got it so I could disable the rear 02 codes and recalibrate my speedo, eventually. Because I plan to change my gear. OH, and I wanna disable the CAGS too. I got mine used, from a guy on LS1gto. $180. (yes, it's unlocked...lol)
When do you expect to receive your Predator? How are you going to quantify any performance gain realized through the use of the Predator? Seat of the pants measurements? I don't suppose that you have easy (free) access to a dyno?

-K

|
|
Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #15
mechanic58
Banned

No, I don't have access to a dyno. Although I would LIKE to have the changes documented, it's really an unnecessary expense. (taking it to a dyno and whatnot) I reckon I'll just post my seat of the pants results. lol. Like I said, the main purpose for me buying it was to recalibrate my speedo (after I get my gears) and do a few other minor things, like disable my CAGS and the rear O2 codes. (Fixin to hack out my cats...lol)
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement