I'm joining the herd... - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
AngryGoat

I'm joining the herd...

Thanks to the way every GTO owner speaks about their car (as well as a test drive), I'm on my way to pick a 2005 silver on black M6 up right now.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a chance, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to tear myself away from the steering wheel.
AngryGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, we'll understand if you don't post for awhile as your hands will be affixed to the wheel and shifter.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
LA_Phantom

Welcome! You certainly have made a fine choice in automobiles. Hopefully you enjoy yours half as much as I do mine. Anyhow, welcome to the herd.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
cncmasterofor

Welcome to the herd...
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
mechanic58
Banned

Fo shizzle.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
AngryGoat

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I just got home from a long drive after picking up my new car. I don't know what else to say, but that I think I'm going to like this thing.

One thing... how many of you have installed a short throw shifter? I saw one from B & M... is it worth putting in over the stock unit?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
mechanic58
Banned

I have a B&M shifter and I love it. Many people complain that they fall apart...but that is because they come with cheap hardware. If you buy a B&M shifter, you need to go to a good hardware store and get some good replacement hardware for it. (Fasteners) They are also somewhat of a bitch to install...which is another reason why people have trouble with them...they get a half-assed installation which is further complicated by the cheap hardware. The B&M is much more reasonably priced than most other options for aftermarket shifters and the main part of the shifter is just as well made as the compettitions'.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
First welcome and second I agree with mechanic58 on the B&M. I will say this once you have a short shifter she will be like a new car and even more fun to drive.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
AngryGoat

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. mechanic 58 & LS2weber, what is another short shifter that you would recommend above the B&M. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to doing these things myself, so a good kit would really make my life a lot easier. (weber... by the way, I absolutely love that red interior with the Quicksilver like yours. Couldn't find one that fit the rest of my criteria though.)
Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
God I can not think of the name, I believe it's a rip shifter but I understand it goes on easy but more noise comes in the car, but hey it's a hot rod so if you don't like noise get a Honda LOL.
Thank you I do rather like mike red.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:19 AM   #11
cyclonehank

Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoat
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. mechanic 58 & LS2weber, what is another short shifter that you would recommend above the B&M. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to doing these things myself, so a good kit would really make my life a lot easier. (weber... by the way, I absolutely love that red interior with the Quicksilver like yours. Couldn't find one that fit the rest of my criteria though.)
Welcome to the herd. There are alot of great people sharing info on here. Iv'e heard of problems with the early versions of the B&M relative to fluid leaks and poor fit, They may have fixed it by now. Alot of people are using the GMM Rip Shifter and love it. Hurst finally released their short shifter and i will be installing it on my 05 in the spring when i get it back from storage. I haven't heard too much chatter in regards to the Hurst unit.
cyclonehank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement