Are Chargers Selling? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Chemist

Are Chargers Selling?

After reading so much crap about how poor GTO sales have been, I'm wondering how Charger sales are going. I suspect not very well, at least in my area. I don't see any on the street and the local dealer bought a yellow Daytona for stock about six months ago and then bought another yellow one maybe four months ago. They have had the cars right out in front by the street with big signs on them. Neither car has sold yet. A few months ago I checked out the window sticker on one of the cars and it had a list price of somewhere around $37K. This is with the 5.7 liter hemi, not the 6.1. How are they selling in your areas? Personally I think they are fugly, too heavy and overpriced. These are pretty much the same things the GTO has been criticized for, but much of that criticism seems to have disappeared. Maybe people are finally realizing that the new GTO's are really great cars at a really good price. At least we were smart enough to realize that.

Bob
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
TheJizzer

The v6s are selling ok.

The 5.7s are not selling well at all. And the 6.1s are selling but not without a lot of hesitation - and this is from the car nuts. But a 44K+ car getting 15mpg is not a high priority now and times.

The SRT Jeep and SRT Charger/300 are getting darn near 13mpg around town!

My GTO was getting 16 and my TBSS is getting 16.

Goes right back to the old days of the mighty hemi. Lots of power but lots of Gas! To me that is an easy feat. Try lots of power getting decent gas - thus the GTO/Vette.

Now I will also say the GTO is not selling to well in my area either. But the TBSSs are going like hotcakes! - Go figure.
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
BRMike

I see a fair amount of Chargers in the Baton Rouge area. I personally prefer the classier Chrysler 300.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
salbracht

They sold 9700 in June of this year for a year to date total of 57000.

So basically, they are selling 10 Chargers for every 1 GTO sold.

I don't know the breakdown of Hemi's to V6s.

I see them all over my area. 300s too.
salbracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
TheJizzer

A lot of the cars are v6s sold to the fleets for rentals.
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
Nocturn

we need to know how many hemis are sold, as those are the most comparable in speed/price.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
FROROCKS

I see alot of the V6s(almost as many as the V6 mustangs), a couple of the srt-8s and the Daytona series. I'll bet I see 3 mustang gts to one hemi-charger.
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement