How long have you had your GTO, and how is it Holding up? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
formula79
Administrator

How long have you had your GTO, and how is it Holding up?

I am going on 2 months now, and am very happy. Has anyone else had any quality issue pop up?
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
mechanic58
Banned

I've had mine going on 2 years now....but then again, it only has 7,900 miles on it. lol. I will say though that I currently do not have any issues, nor have I had....and I'm pretty sure that even though it only has 7,900 miles on it....it's prolly spent more hours at WOT than most peoples' GTOs have. lol. I don't cut it ANY slack.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
Nearly a year, and 19k miles later....

Biggest problem i've had is the paint, got a small stone chip in the front fender near the headlight, it grew to the sie of a dime and started to rust.... Getting that fixed soon.

Sure I have my likes and dislikes, but they are not problems....
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
LA_Phantom

After 10 months and ~7500 miles, I have not had the first problem with my baby.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
Aussie GTO

Had mine for six months now, has done a total of just over 30000 kilometres (not sure what that is in miles?) and the only problem Ive had is the brake rotors needing replacing last month, although that might have had something to do with the way I drive?
Aussie GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
Good 2 go

Right at about 1 year and 20,000 miles (more than I intended) with no major problems. After about a month, I had the door lock knob issue, and a few months latter paint damage on the hood, now repaired. She endured some minor hail damage this year, which I'll address one day. I used the insurance money on headers and a tune. Still having fun, with no regrets whatsoever.
Good 2 go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #7
bonzelite

about 3 weeks of owning and love it.

could use a better shifter. but that's about it.
bonzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
asktk

14 months on my '05-a4. Couple problems early on - body control module issues requiring new BCM and door locks. Few loose nuts and bolts issues - but overall nothing big. Noticed a bit of a squeek around the instrument panel recently. Highway for daily commute (76miles roundtrip) is really bumpy, and when traffic isn't horrendous I drive 85-110 mph - which might shake things up a bit. Have to say this car is totally unpractical - but puts a huge smile on my face. I still turn around everytime I park it in the garage and check it out.
asktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
JJay374

I have had mine since Feb 06, and have had a few minor problems. Had a bolt come out of the door hinge (Fixed), the fake suade is peeling(getting fixed soon) and my clear coat has come of in some spots (getting that fixed with the interior) But no mechanical problems. Oh great, I said that and now something will happen.
JJay374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

2 years and 2 months, 28,XXX miles and not one waranty issue yet (knock on wood).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
FROROCKS

Smilin Ever Since!!!

1 year, 4 months and 27 days @8500 miles.
Issues: TPS R&R (3000miles), freakin rock chip to windshield, hood, and the front of car(paint job seems alittle thin). Excessive inside tire wear from the IRS, and some smoke and screaming noises from the back of the car?!!

But all in all, the positive out weighs the negative .
And if you think you've had issues with a car, check this poor(not really) [email protected] out.http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...677058,00.html
Have a goodone, Fro-
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #12
FROROCKS

Quote from Astk"Noticed a bit of a squeek around the instrument panel recently. Highway for daily commute (76miles roundtrip) is really bumpy, and when traffic isn't horrendous I drive 85-110 mph - which might shake things up a bit. " I've notice something like that coming from my steering column, when its fully extended and lowered it will "squeek", but push it in and it disappears. Something about a cable between two plates inside it??
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

Last edited by FROROCKS; 09-27-2006 at 11:52 AM.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
asktk

Will give it a try - but I'm a tall guy, so seats all the way back and likewise steering wheel. It's not really an excessive issue - just periodic.
asktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #14
TheJizzer

Although mine is sold...

at 3 months it was Heads headers and CAM -- went 300+ runs down the 1320 and I never - NEVER had a singel problem.
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement