We have our new GTO - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > Press Room > Latest Site/GTO Relevant News!

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Nocturn

We have our new GTO

Well Holden showed off today its new Coupe.....

I like it. If it goes into production we can almost rest assured it will be brought over as a new GTO, or a G8 Coupe (same fricken thing).

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=63

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/28/m...cks-showgoers/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I've already proclaimed my "love" for this over at GMInsideNews. I'd buy this over the new Camaro in a heartbeat. I'd love to see this as a G8 coupe alongside the sedan and the Ute, but I don't see how GM could justify sales of all those 3 AND the Camaro. I hate CAFE, hate it, hate it, hate it. But I love this concept.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
mechanic58
Banned

The ass end is too short. And it is a prototype...it'll never look even close to that I am sure.

Why is it that in the automotive industry, the engineers build these kickass prototypes...then the design gets totally ****ed away when it gets put into production?

And no one post up any smart ass answers either....like: "they have to meet safety standards, etc"

That's bull****. If they can build a prototype that looks good...why in the **** can't they build a production model that is equally tantilizing? WHY?
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
The ass end is too short. And it is a prototype...it'll never look even close to that I am sure.

Why is it that in the automotive industry, the engineers build these kickass prototypes...then the design gets totally ****ed away when it gets put into production?

And no one post up any smart ass answers either....like: "they have to meet safety standards, etc"

That's bull****. If they can build a prototype that looks good...why in the **** can't they build a production model that is equally tantilizing? WHY?
Because you have it ass backwards.

Concepts are done almost entirely by designers, they get dumbed down for costs because the engineering to make it the same costs to much.

Thus they change the design to make the engineering more cost effective, A small line difference can save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'm not 100% sold on the rear end, but it still looks quite nice.

It will be toned down, but aside from engineering costs, they want it to appeal to a wider range of consumers.

Engineering by design in actuality, is very very expensive, hence why the companies that do it (apple, Bang & Oluffson (sp)) charge higher than normal prices.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
mechanic58
Banned

I know all that....but you're missing my point. They DESIGN this ****...then present their concept to the public and everyone gets all excited....then when the finished product goes into production its something entirely different. They need to stop doing this ****. All this does is leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and then they go out and buy a Mustang instead. (example). lol
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
I like it
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #7
andyx181x

i love it, i agree 100% that this car looks way better then the camaro and would defintly outsell the camaro and the G8 sedan version. G8 coupe or GTO which ever it looks dead awesome, i know its a concept but if they can keep at least half of the dead awesome looks it would be good. also is this what they call a C pillar car? i can't tell if its an A or C, but its amazing, the interior is rediculoulsy aggressive
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic58
I know all that....but you're missing my point. They DESIGN this ****...then present their concept to the public and everyone gets all excited....then when the finished product goes into production its something entirely different. They need to stop doing this ****. All this does is leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and then they go out and buy a Mustang instead. (example). lol
Would you rather it costs $140,000?

Slightly altered GTO > No GTO.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
GT O yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Well Holden showed off today its new Coupe.....

I like it. If it goes into production we can almost rest assured it will be brought over as a new GTO, or a G8 Coupe (same fricken thing).

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=63

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/28/m...cks-showgoers/

I wil take back some of my comments on the G8 if Pontiac puts one out that looks like this
GT O yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #10
MonaroGTO

i hope the GTO ended in 2006.......but thats just me
MonaroGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
Nocturn

Odds are this will be the G8 Coupe, so you may get your wish.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
thunderdan

Just seeing that image is firming me up in the netherregions, however I don't see how it will make it stateside.

We'll see.

I did swing by the dealership and sat in one of the G8 GTs and I have to say it was pretty dang sweet. Roomy inside and larger that the goat outside, but not excessively so.

When I started it you could barely hear it running though. The latest generation gto sound is something you will not find from any production car out there.

I'm gonna miss mine :-(
thunderdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
blacksunshine400hp

eh, kind of reminds me of a volkswagon gti. Some fast and the furious tokyo drift bull****, I like it, but I do not get a gm vibe from it. Although if i saw something driving around that looked like this with a pontiac symbol on the front of the car, I would probably be like "WHOA CHECK THAT OUT, I WANTS THAT." deserves a ls9, WOULD BE SICK.
blacksunshine400hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine400hp
Although if i saw something driving around that looked like this with a pontiac symbol on the front of the car, I would probably be like "WHOA CHECK THAT OUT, I WANTS THAT." deserves a ls9, WOULD BE SICK.
Oh so very true! However, we know that we would never get that...considering it is going into the ZR1 and not the run-of-the-mill Vette. If you want the LS9, can you say $100,000+? That too sucks.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
blacksunshine400hp

Quote:
Oh so very true! However, we know that we would never get that...considering it is going into the ZR1 and not the run-of-the-mill Vette. If you want the LS9, can you say $100,000+? That too sucks.
yea that is true... ls2 is great, a ls1 would be fine, as long as nothing with a t is dropped in the car i think we all can agree we will all be happy. Im kind hinting towards lt1s and tpi (305-350 does not matter). Only acception is if the t was followed by the letters w-i-n, and another t followed by u-r-b-o and a one last set of ts in the passenger seat of the car making it look better.
blacksunshine400hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement