Just got my Lovell's radius rod bushings - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Maintenance Discussion

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Cool Just got my Lovell's radius rod bushings

Yep came in the mail today from Kollar Racing Products. Good people on their end btw. Looking forward to the install as it seems fairly straightforward. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it improves handling up front. Anyone else do front RR bushings? Your impressions?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
cncmasterofor

I did mine with Noltec. Ya, same thing. Install is super easy and straight forward. I shimmed mine as "normal". Went down for my alignment, and to my surprise it was dead nuts!

Inside tire wear will get a lot better.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Good, I noticed at last rotation the fronts were wearing on the insides more than they should.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
svede1212

i have Super Pro RR bushes but kinda the same thing. it is supposed to help with tire wer but i'd look first to the strut bushings. when they collapse the inners can wear and you can also get strut rub

Go:
- SD tune - HPT w/LC-1 - SLP LTs - FTI SS HT Cam - Stiffy - SLP UD - 243 Heads - Custom Exhaust - NW 102 TB - FAST 102 - 3.91s w/Spring Kit - DiffTech DS - Fjord 42# Green Tops - Diamond Stg 3 clutch

Handling: GMM Rip Shift - Harrop Cover - Koni's - Hotchkis - Lovells springs - SuperPro - Energy Susp - Pedders - '05 Brakes - 1" widened rear wheels
Show: Tints 55% Fronts, 15% Rear & Rear Sides - '06 Black Tails
svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Someday I'm looking to do front springs, struts, strut mounts & bushings. Gotta save a little more green first.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
svede1212

you'll notice a little more control when braking and maybe steering but you may also notice a little more road depending on how smooth and quiet your car was to start with. it does take a lot of green to redo the suspension. i went as economical as i could (i used only two pedders parts) buying when there were sales and with Harrop cover and new sway bars spent $2,300 over time.

Go:
- SD tune - HPT w/LC-1 - SLP LTs - FTI SS HT Cam - Stiffy - SLP UD - 243 Heads - Custom Exhaust - NW 102 TB - FAST 102 - 3.91s w/Spring Kit - DiffTech DS - Fjord 42# Green Tops - Diamond Stg 3 clutch

Handling: GMM Rip Shift - Harrop Cover - Koni's - Hotchkis - Lovells springs - SuperPro - Energy Susp - Pedders - '05 Brakes - 1" widened rear wheels
Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Well got them installed today. It definitely makes a difference. I don't think my stocker RR bushings were shot yet so the the difference isn't drastic but I can tell things seem a tad firmer up front and steering seems a little more "taut". Install was fairly easy I just took my time on it. Really had to crank on the big nut with my breaker bar to loosen them up, even after PB blaster. Haven't braked hard yet to see if they help with the wheels moving forward in the well issue.

Quote:
it does take a lot of green to redo the suspension. i went as economical as i could (i used only two pedders parts) buying when there were sales and with Harrop cover and new sway bars spent $2,300 over time.
Yep I'm probably going to go piecemeal for the economy route. Springs & struts up front will be the next (with mounts/bushings). I may stay Lovell's as their prices are good and so far quality seems exceptional.

BTW svede, ho do you like the Harrop cover? I'm thinking about getting one down the line although I'll probably just do the rear diff. insert for now. I'd love to put some 3.73's in there the same time as the cover goes on, but we know the $$$ that takes.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
svede1212

i hardly noticed the diff insert when i put one in. the Harrop cover is much better. i did mine with my gears (3.91s). i got a deal on those too. i traded my whole stock pig for one with the gears and spring kit installed for $300 plus shipping. guy went forced and was running out of 4th gear at the strip and needed to go back down.

Go:

Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I notice on the other site that there is a GP going on for the Harrop cover right now, price is so nice but my wallet says no. Guess I'll skip the insert and save up for the cover, it looks sexy and has added fluid capacity to back up what looks like a more stable set up. How were you're wheelhop issues after the cover install svede?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
svede1212

at that point i was so sick of hop i redid everything, inner and outer control arm bushes, sway and bushes, springs, Koni shocks, single piece drive shaft, Stiffy engine torque dampener, stiffened the trans mount and the Harrop cover. yup, helped my hop but i couldn't tell you to what extent the cover helped. you can tell on handling that it locks in the back end tho.

Go:

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Thanks, handling improvement, (I'm thinking things like axle tramp over bumps) and a possible slight reduction in wheelhop combined with increased fluid capacity and frankly one cool looking piece will probably mean my buying/installing one of those in the future. Now for the $$$ part. Better save my nickels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement