Supercharger ? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > LSx Engine Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
timbersgoat

Supercharger ?

Hey guys, I wanted to ask does anyone sell a supercharger like the ATI (looks like a hairdryer) for an 06 GTO ? I have seen many for the 04-05 but nada for mine Any help with this is great!!
BTW, mine is automatic not a six speed. what rearend gear ratio is the auto ?
timbersgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbersgoat
Hey guys, I wanted to ask does anyone sell a supercharger like the ATI (looks like a hairdryer) for an 06 GTO ? I have seen many for the 04-05 but nada for mine Any help with this is great!!
BTW, mine is automatic not a six speed. what rearend gear ratio is the auto ?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that rear end gears for the A4 are the same for the M6 (3.46). You can get an ATI ProCharger from one of NewAgeGTO's sponsors. As far as I know, there is no hardware difference between the '05 and '06. Subsequently, the same supercharger would be used on both model years.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Phantom
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that rear end gears for the A4 are the same for the M6 (3.46). You can get an ATI ProCharger from one of NewAgeGTO's sponsors. As far as I know, there is no hardware difference between the '05 and '06. Subsequently, the same supercharger would be used on both model years.

-K
Correct on both accounts, rear gears are the same for both trannies, and the only difference between 05s and 06s are the taillights.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Correct on both accounts, rear gears are the same for both trannies, and the only difference between 05s and 06s are the taillights.
I thought that I had read somewhere that the stereo controls on the steering wheel were illuminated on the '06...and that the '06 had a second in-cabin power plug-in that the '05 did not have...and that the '06 had the power lock switch in-cabin. I had also read that the PCM was a tiny bit different between '05 and '06. Other than that, the only difference is the rear tail lamps and a couple of new color options.

-K

|
|
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Phantom
I thought that I had read somewhere that the stereo controls on the steering wheel were illuminated on the '06...and that the '06 had a second in-cabin power plug-in that the '05 did not have...and that the '06 had the power lock switch in-cabin. I had also read that the PCM was a tiny bit different between '05 and '06. Other than that, the only difference is the rear tail lamps and a couple of new color options.

-K
Okay okay if you want to get TECHNICAL...sheesh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 07-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
Okay okay if you want to get TECHNICAL...sheesh.
Hehehe...back to the topic...Does the ATI Procharger come with a hand-held tuner? If so, is there a different tune for the '05 and '06? I would not think so, but don't know for sure.

-K

|
|
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #7
timbersgoat

Hey guys, First, I want to say your forum site here Rocks!! It has class that most other forums dont. So
Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
timbersgoat

oops, accd hit the enter button...he-he. Anyhow, Take a bow for a great site. Now on to the reason for me writing back here. I saw a rear mounted turbo... STS.... Does anyone have any experience with these? and will it kill my factory COMPLETLY stock motor?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Nocturn

Quote:
oops, accd hit the enter button...he-he. Anyhow, Take a bow for a great site. Now on to the reason for me writing back here. I saw a rear mounted turbo... STS.... Does anyone have any experience with these? and will it kill my factory COMPLETLY stock motor?
No more so than a supercharger, its really the amount of PSI you run out of it that will determine what, if any damage occurs.

I've herd mixed reviews of the STS. But It is a nice way to go about turboing your car without the headache of a engine bay fabrication set up. I know they like to also install Methane injection to up the PSI they can run, but I personally don't care for injection methods to boost PSI as its just another tank to fill up...But you can go other routes also...just a matter of preference.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey guys, First, I want to say your forum site here Rocks!! It has class that most other forums dont.
Thanks for the compliment. I think it's safe to say we try to keep the discussions civil and a notch above if we can. Of course with numbers come problems but there is something to be said in quality over quantity.

Sorry, back to the topic.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
formula79
Administrator

You want the Maggie. Expensive, but nice
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
TheJizzer

There are some engine compartment differences in the 05 to 06. I think it is in the accessory pully sizes or locations - **** I cannot remember but there are some minor differences.
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
timbersgoat

forgive my ignorance... what is a maggie? and will I have to change internals of my motor? I dont plan on doing this until I get 20,000 or so on her... she's at 2150 right now.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #14
Nocturn

Quote:
forgive my ignorance... what is a maggie? and will I have to change internals of my motor? I dont plan on doing this until I get 20,000 or so on her... she's at 2150 right now.
Its slang for Magnuson, its a type of supercharger that is common among GTOs..I don't believe you have to change any internals, but you do have to change fuel injectors...I think.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #15
formula79
Administrator

The Mgnusun is a BEAST, but very expensive!
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement