Sky Redline 0-60 in 4.9 sec. ??? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Question Sky Redline 0-60 in 4.9 sec. ???

I see in a recent Autoweek that Saturn is claiming a 4.9 second 0 to 60 time for the Sky Redline.

Frankly I think they are stretching it. I believe Pontiac has quoted the Solstice GXP with the exact same combination at 5.5 or thereabouts.

Anyone else think this is BS besides me?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Just pulled this from the Saturn website. Still says 5.5 for 0 to 60.

I think Autoweek may be misquoting Saturn. Your thoughts?

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/sky/redLine.jsp

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
I still think 5.5 for it is quick. 4.9 is BS, but for what it is, it's a cool car.
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Nocturn

Its got a better HP/LBS ratio than a Mustang GT so I wouldn't doubt it.

260HP in a 2900 LBS car are good numbers.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Good 2 go

If I were in the market for a not-too-expensive 2 seater, they'd be on my list. Dat LS2 fits in there to!
Good 2 go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
gto n 442

actually i believe the sky was rated at somewhere in the neighborhood of 10hp or so more than the solstice. I also think it looks better. Its still not my kind of car .
gto n 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #7
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto n 442
actually i believe the sky was rated at somewhere in the neighborhood of 10hp or so more than the solstice. I also think it looks better. Its still not my kind of car .
They both have the same engine and power ratings.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep, so when Pontiac quotes 5.5 and Saturn apparently says 4.9, I think about raising the BS flag.

Don't get me wrong I like both the Sky and Solstice, I'm just wondering about those times.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #9
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
Yep, so when Pontiac quotes 5.5 and Saturn apparently says 4.9, I think about raising the BS flag.

Don't get me wrong I like both the Sky and Solstice, I'm just wondering about those times.
Those 0-60 MPH numbers are pretty quick, but both cars have a top speed that is electronically limited to 62 MPH. Seriously, the acceleration numbers sound almost too good to be true. I too question the validity of the published numbers.

-K

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 AM   #10
bonzelite

i don't believe it, really. i drove a Solstice at the dealership where i bought my GTO. granted, the Solstice (and Sky) are neat cars, but pathetically underpowered. to get that number from 0-60, the driver must have been staging the car and then launched hard. that is the only way i could see arriving at those numbers. from a dead stop at a light, under spirited acceleration --no way. you'd need to launch it as if you're drag racing the car.
bonzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #11
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
They are talking about the performance versions, the GXP and Redline. The other models are considerably slower.
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:36 AM   #12
gto n 442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
I found that the gxp is the same power rating its the gtp version of the g6 that has 252hp. my bad. picture that though the smaller solstice has more power than the g6.lol.

Last edited by gto n 442; 09-27-2006 at 12:39 AM.
gto n 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 AM   #13
BRMike

I wonder if we will see the turbo Ecotec in a Cobalt SS any time soon.
I had seen a short article about a possible HHR SS with the direct injection turbo.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #14
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike
I wonder if we will see the turbo Ecotec in a Cobalt SS any time soon.
I had seen a short article about a possible HHR SS with the direct injection turbo.

I'm almost certain we will, why wouldn't GM want to maximize the use of this engine to keep the cost down.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
TheJizzer

All I can say is I hope they are "sandbagging" the numbers like DC is... and that little car can do it in 4.x -- That would be freaking GREAT! that would also bput a car with the right driver in the lowe 13s/high12s stock!

GO GM!!!

I'll take 2 please!
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement