SLP LM1 '04 Delivered!!! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Talking SLP LM1 '04 Delivered!!!

My Father's Day present came to day courtesy of the men in brown. Sorry no pics or vid clips.

Hopefully they will be installed within a few days time.

Just wanted to thank MarylandSpeed again. Everything came shipped nicely and looks good even though it looks like UPS may have dropped some things on the package as it was ripped in a couple of places but everything I inspected looked great.

I'll let you all know after the install. I'm ready for big SEG's.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
scot254

You'll like it, I've got one and I think it's a great exhaust kit.
Idle Clip:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Corvette - Torch Red - A6-- Cam, Headers, Exhaust
419/415

2013 Ford Focus - Grey Metallic
scot254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Yep, I've heard some sound clips. Stock exhaust is just too quiet. Wish I could have before and after sound clips.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

IT'S ON!!!

I know I'll get a hard time for no sound/vid clips. Sorry!!!

scot254, you are wrong, I don't like it I LOVE it.

With that said it does drone. If you don't like drone you may wish to stay away. Doesn't bother me at all. In fact I'm driving around with my windows down today in 90 plus degree heat just to hear it. Nice and throaty at low to mid throttle. Strangely enough it's just barely louder than stock (from at least the drivers seat) at WOT on high speed runs. I'm finding new rev ranges now that give me that SEG. Sorry for the ramble.

Thanks MarylandSpeed.com again. I feel like an 18 yo in a 36 yo body.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
LS2weber

Send a message via Yahoo to LS2weber
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot254
You'll like it, I've got one and I think it's a great exhaust kit.
F me that sound F(ing) good man
Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
cncmasterofor

Congrads!!!! But I want to here audio clips! I think we all do...
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
scot254

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2weber
F me that sound F(ing) good man
Thanks, I should do a garage video, LOL
Idle Clip:

419/415

Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
scot254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange
IT'S ON!!!

I know I'll get a hard time for no sound/vid clips. Sorry!!!

scot254, you are wrong, I don't like it I LOVE it.

With that said it does drone. If you don't like drone you may wish to stay away. Doesn't bother me at all. In fact I'm driving around with my windows down today in 90 plus degree heat just to hear it. Nice and throaty at low to mid throttle. Strangely enough it's just barely louder than stock (from at least the drivers seat) at WOT on high speed runs. I'm finding new rev ranges now that give me that SEG. Sorry for the ramble.

Thanks MarylandSpeed.com again. I feel like an 18 yo in a 36 yo body.
Yes, it does drone a bit, I think mine did around 2400-2800 rpm
When I put headers on the drone went away, many people have said the same thing. The sound seems go straight out the back of the car rather than resonate in the cabin. Just a thought if you're going that route in the future.
Idle Clip:

419/415

Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, it does drone a bit, I think mine did around 2400-2800 rpm
When I put headers on the drone went away, many people have said the same thing. The sound seems go straight out the back of the car rather than resonate in the cabin. Just a thought if you're going that route in the future.
It's probably going to be a while for headers. I know it's a great performance mod for the $$$ on our goats but headers + SLP LM1 + daily driver = noise tickets.

When the Goat turns into my weekend/good weather car in a few years then on they go. I still plan on someday doing heads and cam. With a family as many know the mod money is definitely tight. Now if I can just win the Lotto, then WATCH OUT!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
FROROCKS

Congrads on your new mod for your Goat. Any "seat of the pants" difference in the ride? How about the looks on your neighbors faces?lol
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
Congrads on your new mod for your Goat. Any "seat of the pants" difference in the ride? How about the looks on your neighbors faces?lol
Butt dyno doesn't say much. I will take it out with my G-Tech accelerometer one of these days if I can get a little bit cooler drier air. 90 degrees with humidity every day blows.

Funny you should mention the neighbors, I was out changing the oil yesterday and one of our neighbors comes up and comments on how nice the car looks. He was wowed by the engine bay's cleanliness. And I don't really do much under the hood detailing either. He probably was curious as I revved it a few times in the garage earlier that day. Haven't spoken to him for a few weeks. Funny coincidence???

Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I still haven't taken it out and G-Tech'd it yet, it's just been too hot and muggy. But I do have an interesting butt dyno result.

Today I'm crossing a 4 lane highway with a turn lane (a total of 5 lanes so it is a pretty wide intersection). There is some traffic coming so I get onto the throttle relatively hard maybe half throttle or so. Well halfway through the intersection it chirps/spins the 1-2 shift. I've crossed this intersection many a time the same way before and have not gotten this result. At first I kinda felt like an @$$ due to some traffic behind me but after that I got a big SEG

I'm wondering if the canned Predator tune I have installed is now combining with the exhaust for a little torque boost down low in the revs. Could just be coincidence but it's never happened before even on cold days at this intersection when my tires have been hard and the road less grippy. Who knows? I'll get it out for some test times soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement