Need some help! - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > GTO Racing Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
GTO Flash

Alright, so far the only mods I'v done is have the mufflers cut off and pipe welded in their place and I put a rather large K&N on the end of my intake. My goat is currently at the dealer's getting the programming fixed (see post in maintenance tech). Now, I just need some tires that will hook. I was introduced to Neeto 555R last week at the track by a guy I just met there. He was a Mustange GT. The problem he was having was they hooked so good it kept try'n it stall his car. His tires would spin, T/C would enguage and he would almost stall. Apparently you cant completely turn off the mustange's T/C cause no matter what he did (weather the light was on or off) the same thing happend. Obviously this is a good tire that will hold the track. But is it good for day to day driving? I got my GTO the week before Christmas and now have 3k miles on it. Would this be a good street tire for me? Or if there is a better tire out there for street/track that will last a decent amount of time I'm open to suggestions. Also, I want to get the biggest tire I can for the stock rims. What would be the widest tire I could go with for stock rims.
Any help is appreciated.
GTO Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
GTO Flash

OK, it would seem no one knows much about this subject so I'll post what found.
Talking to a local tire/wheele place I was told that the widest tire that can go on the stock rims is a 275/40/17. I am getting Neeto 555R model tires. They are a soft tire and won't last more than 8 to 10k miles.
GTO Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
Nocturn

I must have missed this thread, The 555R is a good tire, but launching a car that is normally used to spin and suddenly getting traction some driving dynamics must be applied. Most likely the guy was launching improperlly, not giving enough clutch slip and just dumping the clutch. I doubt you will have to much problem with the 555R on the street, but they wont last that long before you need replacments.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement