Honda Civic FC wheels spacers adapters. What wheel spacers are safe? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 AM   #1
Smith Taylor

Honda Civic FC wheels spacers adapters. What wheel spacers are safe?

Last week I install these BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers(formerly BLOXsport) for my Honda Civic FC.

Thanks to my friend, John, he helped me to choose the right spacers.
And now, I would like to share info with you guys.

1. Precise Data: PCD, CB, Thickness...
It is important to get accurate numbers before buying. I used wheel spacers 5x114.3(5x4.5) front 15mm(0.6inch) rear 20mm(0.8inch) with hubcentic.

2. Material: 6061 or 6061T6 aluminum alloy?
Good material for good performance. According to the test data, the tensile strength of 6061 is 125MPa while the tensile strength of 6061-T6 can reach as high as 310MPa, an increase of 150%. The performance of 6061-T6 aluminum alloy is undoubtedly much higher than that of 6061 aluminum alloy.

3. Anti-rust process: Dacromet, Chrome Plating, Galvanizing…
Normally say, Dacromet is a "green plating", will not producing any waste water or waste gas during the process. Besides, the anti-rust performance of Dacromet is better than chrome plating and galvanizing. What’s more, chrome plating may produce “Hydrogen embrittlement”, which is harmful for metal.

4. Forming Process: Forging or Casting?
Generally, forging must undergo continuous punching to form, with tight internal organization and good mechanical properties. However, casting is to cast molten aluminum on a sand mold and wait for it to cool before machining, the internal structure is loose, the density is low, and the mechanical properties are not as good as forging.

5. Brand LOGO:
Logo on the wheel spacers adapters, which means responsibility. Remember to choose those spacers with brand logo. To ensure the after-sales service.

After installing those wheel spacers, more stable driving, more smooth turning, more pretty appearance and so on.
There are almost no disadvantages of wheel spacers, except for the quality. Drove for a week, not any problems.

Thanks for reading. Any questions are welcomed.
Smith Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2020, 02:44 AM   #2
Smith Taylor

PS: I recorded the installation process, would like to share with you guys: https://youtu.be/I-i9R_Cb3tE
Smith Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:07 AM   #3
noraadam800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Taylor View Post
PS: I recorded the installation process, would like to share with you guys: https://youtu.be/I-i9R_Cb3tE

Thanks for sharing this. But I think the video has been deleted ?
noraadam800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement