Join Date: Apr 2003
A Lil' Refresher:
Posting Guidelines for NAGTO’s Forums
NAGTO’s forums were established to create a fun, friendly community to interact in. In order to foster this friendly interaction and create an environment where everyone feels comfortable posting and hanging out, we have created a set of rules and guidelines which all members are required to follow. These rules are general in nature, as it is impossible to spell out every possible offense that may result in a thread being locked, deleted, or edited.
The rules are as follows:
1. Expletives (such as sh*t, f*ck, c*nt, motherf*cker, etc) are not allowed (These have been *’d out here b/c this is the forum rules page). Please refrain from using such words on this forum.
2. Spamming or unpaid business advertisements is not allowed. Threads or PMs determined to be "spam" will be deleted or forwarded to the Administration. This type of posting could possibly result with privileges to our board restricted or denied without notice. Lottery schemes being advertised on this board are considered Spam.
3. Flames or derogatory insults will not be tolerated. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seek help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.
4. Threads or replies promoting or expressing racist or sexist views will not be tolerated.
5. Porn or other 'risque' content is not allowed. There are plenty of websites for such material. This isn't one of them.
6. Avatars and Signatures: the same rules that apply to your posts apply to your signatures and avatars. Please keep this in mind when selecting your avatar and/or signature.
7. Free posts, or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count will not be tolerated.
Signature and avatar tests will be allowed in the Testing forum, where posts do not count towards your post count. In other forums, they will be treated as free posts.
8. Please post your topics in the most appropriate forum (i.e., tech threads only in tech forums). If you post a thread that would be more appropriate in another forum, a moderator will move it for you. However, please do not make the moderators do this for you. Use your judgment to determine which forum(s) best suits your topic. If you are dealing with a TECHNICAL topic and it could appropriately fit in more than one forum, you may post it in multiple forums. Multiple posting or X-Posting should be held to a maximum of 2 forums.
9. Controversial topics, such as retardation, racism, sexism, illicit drugs/narcotic, etc., will NOT be tolerated.
10. Threads/replies encouraging other illegal/unethical action (like "Best way to kill neighbor's dog?") will not be tolerated.
11. "Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate account for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. "Troll accounts" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender.
12. Threads/replies against or attacking NAGTO’s policies will not be allowed.
13. Persistent or purposeful bashing of members will result in whatever the Administrators deem necessary as punishment after we’ve talked about it.
14. Posting a thread or reply to question or criticize moderator or administrator actions is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board's Private Message function, or e-mail, if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
Here are the "Do's" and "Don'ts" of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:
"Do" be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your account has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your account reinstated in many cases.
"Do not" be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.
All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.
If you violate forum guidelines, in most cases, you can expect the following action from the moderators/administrators:
1. First offense- warning via private message, e-mail, and/or moderator reply in the offending thread
2. Second offense- a temporary suspension of posting privilages.
3. Subsequent offense- longer account suspensions, possibly permanent.
Please realize that the nature of the offense will determine the action to be taken. If the violation is extreme enough, or has been repeated enough times in the past, a member can have his/her account locked or possibly deleted without a warning.
Threads or replies that do not comply with our guidelines may be locked, edited, or deleted, depending on the nature of the offense. We will make every effort to state why such action was taken via private message, e-mail, and/or moderator reply in the offending thread. For this reason, we ask that you check your private messages often. You can find out whether or not you have received any private messages by logging into your user Control Panel. You can set your options so that the board notifies you when you have received a private message, if you so desire.
The above rules and guidelines are necessary to make NAGTO’s forums comfortable and enjoyable for everyone. If you feel you can not comply with the rules above, please refrain from using NAGTO’s forums.