Intake/Pulley/Predator - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2004 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
04ImpulseM6

Intake/Pulley/Predator

I found a kit from rpm outlet http://www.rpmoutlet.com/gto.htm. It includes a k&n intake, diablosport tuner, and a motoblue 25% underdrive pulley for $700. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or each item individually. I am looking for a couple of inexpensive mods that will still keep it relatively quiet since it is still a daily driver. Any suggestions on this or other low cost mods is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
mechanic58
Banned

The predator is a good deal if your car is an Automatic. The changes are not so noticable with an M6 car. The K&N intake is way overpriced. You'd do just as good getting the K&N drop-in for your stock airbox....and it only costs about $50.

I'd say if you want to make a difference you can FEEL, spend your money on a set of 3.91 gears.
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
04ImpulseM6

How much of a seat of the pants difference is there with the gears. I drive like a grandpa normally (below 2K), and getting into it I usually don't go above 4K, so would gears really be my best option or should I deal with it stock and save for a while to get a maggie.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
mechanic58
Banned

Gears will most definitely be the most bang for your buck, hands down. You'll feel it the instant you let the clutch out in 1st gear to pull off.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
mechanic58
Banned

and btw...the LS1 DOES have a very functional rev-limiter....somewhere around 6250ish. As long as its full of oil you CANNOT blow it up, trust me. Give it hell man!

Nothing like a nice long set of DOTTED black marks to make the onlookers scratch their heads.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
04ImpulseM6

When I first got it, I beat the piss out of it for 2 days...I love kicking the back end out a couple feet on the 2 to 3 shift. Anyway, where can I get the gears from. I would like a simple kit including everything needed in the install, seals and all. Any recommendations.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
mechanic58
Banned

http://pm-fl.com/catalog/ ask for bob. They'll hook you up. Tell them mechanic58 referred you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement