HELP, FIRST MAJOR MOD? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > LSx Engine Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
mario04gto

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me with my situation. So far all i've done to my 04 goat is a K&N CAI and cut out the mufflers and added Dynatech Bullet Mufflers. Today I'm shopping for another upgrade, please help me with any suggestions you may have or dislikes on the upgrades.

1. POWERSLOT Brake Rotors
2. Electric Water Pump
3. Diablo Sport II Programmer (how does this actually work)
4. Performance Mass Airflow Sensor
5. 80MM throttle body
6. B&M Ripper Shifter

for those in red I can do two of them at the same time. Again, I depend on your input before I make any decision.

Thanks in Advance :friday:
mario04gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally posted by mario04gto@Jul 7 2005, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me with my situation. So far all i've done to my 04 goat is a K&N CAI and cut out the mufflers and added Dynatech Bullet Mufflers. Today I'm shopping for another upgrade, please help me with any suggestions you may have or dislikes on the upgrades.

2. Electric Water Pump
5. 80MM throttle body
6. B&M Ripper Shifter

for those in red I can do two of them at the same time. Again, I depend on your input before I make any decision.

Go with the shifter and the Diablo, all the rest you won't really see any actual performance gains. The water pump will cool the engine a bit better and remove a pulley (I believe they are still manually driven water pumps, but I havnt gotten a close look) The rotors would help braking but your not upgrading calipers at the same time, The Mass airflow sensor and the throttle body will also only give you a few HP at best.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:19 AM   #3
TEK GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by mario04gto@Jul 7 2005, 01:20 PM

2. Electric Water Pump
5. 80MM throttle body
6. B&M Ripper Shifter

As far as the list:

1. Don't bother unless your current rotors are warped
2. Not worth the hassle on a street car, barely any gains unless you pull the belt
3. You'd be better off with a dyno tune, but you'll notice some gains
4. The stock MAF is good to over 500 RWHP, the granatellis are garbage and will slow you down, if anything
5. You don't need more air than the stock TB flows on your stock internals engine
6. Probably the best thing on the list, the stock shifter sucks
TEK GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
RapedApe

Do headers! :woot:
RapedApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
mario04gto

Can't do headers, that's way over budget. I'm ordering the shifter and programmer, what's the difference between Grannateli Diablo programmer and the SLP Diablo programmer other that a difference of $100.
Anyone know? :unsure:
mario04gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
dozlert

Quote:
Originally posted by mario04gto@Jul 7 2005, 06:20 PM

2. Electric Water Pump
5. 80MM throttle body
6. B&M Ripper Shifter

Save your money and do headers and tune first. You won't regret it. Those other parts won't make the same difference as these parts will.
dozlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
04GOATGERM

I suggest...Intake, Stainless Works L/T Headers, and Tune. I specified "Stainless Works" headers because I have heard them on an '04 in person and it was beautiful!

That's my $.02
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
formula79
Administrator

If you drag race, do suspension first so you have traction
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
TEK GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by formula79@Aug 20 2005, 09:10 PM
If you drag race, do suspension first so you have traction
I cut 1.76 60' times on DRs and 1.90 60' times on street tires with a stock suspension. A bigger rear swaybar and higher rate rear springs help when you start making big power, but for a bolt-on car the stock setup isn't bad.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:56 PM   #10
TheJizzer

I am on 1.8 60' with my Dunlop street tires. MUUHAHAHA! :frankie: I bet I can cut a 1.6x on DRs

But if I where you I would go Longtubes and a Catback first. Do not waste time on a CAI yet...
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:43 AM   #11
TEK GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by TheJizzer@Aug 21 2005, 08:56 PM
I am on 1.8 60' with my Dunlop street tires. MUUHAHAHA! :frankie: I bet I can cut a 1.6x on DRs

Forgot to mention I'm back on a stock converter My Vig was sent to be restalled and has been sitting in my garage for months since I'm too busy to put it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement