camaro wheels on gto - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Appearence/Ground Effects/Wheels

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
04ImpulseM6

camaro wheels on gto

Will 00-02 camaro ss wheels fit on an 04 gto? The ss wheels are 17x9 with a 6.875" backspacing. What is the factory 17" backspacing? I can't find much info except on the bolt patterns. My real concern is the tire size and rubbing the front strut. Also, any recommended tire sizes? I want to do a 275/40-17 rear. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
salbracht

Short answer ... no. The bolt pattern is different and the GTO was not made for wheels of that width (9 inch) ... they would rub unless you rolled the fenders.
salbracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
scot254

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbracht
Short answer ... no. The bolt pattern is different and the GTO was not made for wheels of that width (9 inch) ... they would rub unless you rolled the fenders.
GOD DAMMIT, stop saying this, have you, yourself ever put a set of F-body rims on a GTO? They fit perfectly, the difference in bolt pattern is about the width of a few playing cards. The holes have more play than the difference in bolt pattern. I've ran T/A rims on mine around town and launching at the track with over 550 ft r/w torque on spray, over and over again, well over 100 passes on these rims.

My T/A rims are 8", I don't know if the offset will work with a 9" Camaro rim. Plenty of people have put 10" rims on the back without any modifications, check out the 19" x 10" CCWs, they fit perfectly, saying a 9" rim won't fit is a very broad statement.

So no one can generalize and say they won't fit, try them and let others know. There are plenty of others in the top ET lists for GTOs running F-Body rims.
Idle Clip:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Corvette - Torch Red - A6-- Cam, Headers, Exhaust
419/415

2013 Ford Focus - Grey Metallic
scot254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement