gas gauge serviced - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2005/2006 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
andyx181x

gas gauge serviced

Well before my warranty runs out, I dropped the GTO off to be checked out about the gas display. I know I placed posts in the past about it, but it got worst last week. The computer told me I used 10 gallons of gas, and I topped off at the pump with 7...... Thats a three gallon difference, today a week later I used 6.4, fill with 6.5 but the gauge stayed at the 7/8 mark telling me only 15 gallons in the tank. Now I ain't the smartest man in the world, but that can't be good LOL>
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Let us know the results.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
andyx181x

Got the GTO back yesterday, they replaced a failing Fuel Leveler sensor in the tank, the gauge itself is reading off as last time but I'm predicting as I fill the tank up a little it should return to normal.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Sounds like problem may be solved then.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
andyx181x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange View Post
Sounds like problem may be solved then.
However I am only assuming putting gas in it the second time around will put the gauge to normal, I been tempted to try and reset it manually myself. I found instructions of LS1gto from service documents they have in the tech section, says to pull out the anti theft horn fuse and a BCM fuse as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement