Is it just me or... - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
04GOATGERM

Is the public finally getting more edumakated about the GTO? I've steadily been getting more looks...actually stares lately. I've got 12k on it now and still showroom clean but the exhaust is much louder. Hell, I can't even get a Rustang to play!

Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me? :blink:
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
TheJizzer

With you 100%

Blah Blah Blah... the magazines say now but! In a few years all the magazines will be saying "Gee why did you not buy the GTO?"

Stooges!
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

I think you're right but I met an exception today. Some stooge in a new VW Jetta thought he'd get the jump on me as I was coming up to pass on a 2 lane highway today.

He got on it (at least I think he did as it was really lame) and I blew by him with ease and was on my way. He followed for a while but gave up. First smart move he made all day. :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 07:29 AM   #4
mldavis

I'm getting a few more stares, I think. But most people are clueless. Even guys you'd expect to know about such things don't know what's under the hood. "Hey, is that one of the new GTOs? Runs pretty good? What you got in it?"

When I'm in one of my moods, I'll tell 'em I ordered the smallest engine available and the economical stick shift. "I think it's a four. Haven't had to change oil yet." :hysterical:

Most of my "situations" come from young idiot females either in a ricer or daddy's sedan who are talking on a cell phone and try to bully their way through traffic or tailgate me while I'm driving the speed limit.

I like to set the cruise on 72-73 (70 mph limit) going to work on the double lane. I stay in the right lane (laws against driving in the left lane unless passing in this state), and check six before pulling out to go around slower traffic. There always seems to be someone flying up behind me going way over the speed limit, dogging my tail until I'm clear and then accelerating by me like I was a LOL driving a 59 Chevy. When I see someone flying up behind me like that, I try to make sure I'm pulling an uphill grade when I clear the car I'm passing, then grab 4th as I move to the right lane and drive away from them as they "accelerate". Not as much fun as dusting a 'Stang, but a guy's gotta find some way to have fun.
mldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
formula79
Administrator

I think the scoops helped a lot. Before it was hard to tell the difference from any other run of the mill poncho.
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
1964GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by formula79@Jul 30 2005, 04:35 PM
I think the scoops helped a lot. Before it was hard to tell the difference from any other run of the mill poncho.
The 05 is definitly a more agressive looking car, i like it better. I think most people would actually think the 05 was "tough" looking enough to be called GTO. To bad they didnt do the little things for the 04.
1964GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
mldavis

Pontiac could have charmed the retro freaks by putting fake chrome bumpers on it and using the old GTO grille (except that would add a lot of front end drag).

I like it like it is, extremely comfortable 2-person car, classy interior, some feel to the steering at speed (some have criticized the GTO because the steering wasn't as "easy" as the Dodge and GT and you had to have 2 hands on the wheel during slalom testing), very decent fuel mileage at steady highway speeds (M6), comfortable ride (very firm but with a "softer" top from the progressive coils), excellent cornering (0.88 g's equal to the lower and harsher riding 'Stang), and they didn't put a screaming chicken on the hood for the kiddies. Healthy and stealthy. My kind of car.
mldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
FROROCKS

Had a older fellow in old chevy pickup come up next to me and asked," Is that 6.0 on the back mean it's got a six litre?" Yes, I said, and he says" In that small car, that's impressive." And yes, I've noticed more finger pointing and double takes lately, but I'm use to it. I got the same attention in the old 69 GTO. B)
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #9
1964GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by FROROCKS@Jul 30 2005, 07:27 PM
Had a older fellow in old chevy pickup come up next to me and asked," Is that 6.0 on the back mean it's got a six litre?" Yes, I said, and he says" In that small car, that's impressive." And yes, I've noticed more finger pointing and double takes lately, but I'm use to it. I got the same attention in the old 69 GTO. B)
I get alot of looks on the road and i took it to a cruise night a few weeks ago and i got alot of people looking and asking questions.
Mldavis- i wasnt implying they should go retro, i own an 04 GTO, but i do think that if they did the few cosmetic things to the 04 that they did this year the car would have sold better.
1964GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:58 PM   #10
04GOATGERM

Quote:
Originally posted by mldavis@Jul 30 2005, 05:35 PM
Healthy and stealthy. My kind of car.
A-MEN! :beer:
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement