Well, I did it, didn't plan to but.... - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2005/2006 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
Scyry

I got an Impulse Metalic Blue, Black Interior, M6, 18" Rim, GTO yesterday. Saw one as I drove by the local dealer, so I figured I'd get a close up of the color. Salesman came out and I talked for a long time. Got the price I wanted and I just could not walk away from it. So I took my truck home, cleaned it out and came back and got the car, at about 9:00pm. Promptly drove an hour to my Dad's, was going to help him out the next day.

It is so nice, it just wants to go, so hard to not play with it. I have been being nice to it and oscillating my speed down the highway and stuff. What would all of you suggest for breaking in the car? I have always been told, don't drive a constant speed for 500 miles and then still take it easy until 1,000 miles. I have already drove 250 miles just to drive it really. Filled up when it was about 1/2 tank for $20, my truck was closer to $60 per tank, so it is going to be so nice to save a little at the pump.

Already had a dumbass Beemer and Civic Fart Can want to mess with me, just ignored them, but oh so tempting to give the pedal a little push. Also got pulled into a DUI check point and couple of the cops realized what it was and then I had all of them asking question or giving the thumbs up. I have also already had a kid at the gas station ask me what engine my Grand Prix had, because it sounded so good. I just looked at him cross eyed.

I miss the suicide doors on my truck though, wish the doors extended back another 4" to help get into th back seat. But the exhaust sounds so nice I think I could carless about anything else about the car, is there a stereo on this thing BTW I could just drive with the windows down all the time and be happy.

Anyways, took some pics with my dad's camera, and will post when I find a way to host them.
Scyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
Nocturn

Congrats.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
04GOATGERM

Awsome man...congrats! '04 or '05? You didn't specify that one...oh and how many miles were on it when you got it?

Welcome to the "Permanent Goofy Grin Club"! I still have mine---->
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
mario04gto

Congrats, Live it up!
mario04gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
FROROCKS

SWEET!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! :lol:
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
Scyry

Oh, it is an 05 that had 18 miles on it. I still can't believe I bought it.
Scyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
TheJizzer

:friday:

Let the MODing Begin!
TheJizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
M Night B

Looks like you're going to have to change that signature now. :afro:
M Night B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
milehiGTO

Scyry Congrats, I got my 05 about a month ago. I understand when you say it's hard not to play with it during the break in period.

The hardest part for me was keeping my wife from driving it too hard. She loves to open it up.
milehiGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #10
DURAZ28

Congrats on your new goat I didnt wait on break in ive always been told break them in like your going to drive it had 4 new cars no trouble yet.
DURAZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
Croft316

Sounds nice man.. one of these days I too hope to have that same feeling. And hey I don't think it would hurt to open it up a LIL bit. Can't be any worse than how some of these workers drive high performance vehicles at the lots to get gas, ect :angry: .. One of my best friends used to work at one. He even told me about how sometimes they'd put low-grade fuel into a vette just to save money
Croft316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:55 PM   #12
SiDeWaYzGTO

Many many many congrats man, i'm guessing the look on you're face was something like :woot: Enjoy it and don't play too rough with the rustangs. Oh and buy the way what kind of price did you get if you don't mind me asking?
SiDeWaYzGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement