Forced Induction Tips - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Power Adder/Nitrous Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
blacksunshine400hp

Forced Induction Tips

I want to get a discussion going on what people think is the best way to go for forced induction.
blacksunshine400hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Nocturn

Depends on the application, and the desired results.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
blacksunshine400hp

personally i love a naturally aspirated motor, but how would one achieve 550 horse, and what would be the best route to go.
blacksunshine400hp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
GT O yea

Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine400hp
personally i love a naturally aspirated motor, but how would one achieve 550 horse, and what would be the best route to go.
I would chat with Louisanna Phantom, I think he is putting out about that naturally aspirated. The trouble though, is not getting the horse power, but how to put it on the ground, most GTO's or any car for that matter, once you hit about 450hp getting anymore does you really no good unless you pimp out your suspension and power transmission components. A good example of this was on Top Gear about to months ago, they tested a GT500 Mustang, and a Roush mustang, the Roush had 335hp and the GT500 had 527 hp. Both in lap time and 0-60 the lower hp roush beat the GT500 hands down.
GT O yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Slimcowboy

"GT O yeah" brings up a really good point. Power isn't worth a dime, if your car is standing still. There may be smoke all around, but the rice burner is already past the finish line. This is a main reason i've been a longtime fan of turbo and twin turbo set-ups. If you can build just enough power in the motor to get off the line quick, then just let the turbos kick in and hold on!
Always keep the efficiency of getting your power to the wheels forefront in your mind. When you accomplisch this you'll be able to stick with those 8 sec ecotech cobalts lol! I ran against one of those; lol it was very humbling!
Slimcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
SchargedGTO

ive got a procharger p1sc in the mail coming next monday. should be pretty fun once i get it on. ne one done that already?
SchargedGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
TurboGoat

Personally I love having turbos on the goat. I was putting down 590rwhp on 9psi.

As for what is best - what do you want?
TurboGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
NiceShyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine400hp View Post
I want to get a discussion going on what people think is the best way to go for forced induction.
I say screw the fat cats ... and their fancy Vetts ... In the words of the Reverend Jessy Jackson.. This nation is going through treperdation which will lead to transformation the new administration surely will make our economy and nation a true Obomanation ( pronounce abomanation ). So we have to make do with a poor man's Vett .. but we can do a lot with what we have got!!!

So the Vette has a bigger engine .. so what ... check this out .. with this turbo set up our LS2 can crank 800 hp to the wheel. The guy who put this in my goat (I wish) has his shop five minutes from me in Miami. Well, it could be my goat .. I mean I own a black one just like it, and who is to say my car does not have this set up?

Price tag is $10 k ... you get two front mounted turbos with the trimmings ... he just flips the manafolds from right to left and the exhaust gas blows forward .. neat idea?

NiceShyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:03 AM   #9
Qeuan

I am a big fan of turbo and maintenance it gives. Much more diverse than standart chipping or similar.
Qeuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 05:55 AM   #10
royalbert867

I love turbo and the upkeep it provides. A great deal more varied than standard chipping or comparable.
royalbert867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement