Hello admins??? Out there??? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > Community > New Ago GTO Site Issue Forum-Suggestion Box

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Angry Hello admins??? Out there???

This site has basically became a spambot paradise. Is there no way you can ban/lock out these IP addresses for the spambots? I just put in 15 minutes removing 100 or so spam posts and banning them all. As I'm the only moderator I'm about to throw in the towel and let the spambots have it. A little attention is needed on your part if this site is to remain alive. Its no wonder no one wants to post here. Either help it out or put it out of its misery. This purgatory is shameful.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
HP11

Who is the owner/administrator of this site? Just curious because if the admin/owner is never here, how is it that NOPI/NSCRA/ and member' GTOSHOW' can annoint himself/themselves as a sponsor of this site as he does in this post?:
https://www.newagegto.com/forums/show...57&postcount=3
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 AMG Sportline (Wife's car)

Quote:
Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet.
(Not sure if that was ever really true...but what a joke it is now!)

Last edited by HP11; 10-30-2011 at 10:57 PM.
HP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP11 View Post
Who is the owner/administrator of this site? Just curious because if the admin/owner is never here, how is it that NOPI/NSCRA/ and member' GTOSHOW' can annoint himself/themselves as a sponsor of this site as he does in this post?:
https://www.newagegto.com/forums/show...57&postcount=3
Good question, if I had the answer I'd share. Evidently it must be a blind chimp running things because nothing is being done. Its a shame.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Administrator
Administrator

sorry i just didn't see this thread. you are right about the spam. I have added a bunch of plug in's to help but it doesn't seem to be working.... humm.

I will try one other thing lets see if it works
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
HP11

Well, you have 73 posts in a little under 4 years.......point being that you'd probably need to actually be here to be aware of the spam and whether or not your plug ins are working....just sayin'

Quote:

Last edited by HP11; 12-30-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
HP11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
sorry i just didn't see this thread. you are right about the spam. I have added a bunch of plug in's to help but it doesn't seem to be working.... humm.

I will try one other thing lets see if it works
Fail.......

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Administrator
Administrator

would you like to be a mod and do it yourself?

My job is to make sure the site is running, i delete the spam when i see it. I could use some help, so why don't you do it since you think this is so easy to do?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
Administrator
Administrator

So i just spent a great deal of time blocking some IP ranges and members in the back and fixing some things that will filter out users that are spammers.

Let us hope this helps
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
HP11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
would you like to be a mod and do it yourself?

My job is to make sure the site is running, i delete the spam when i see it. I could use some help, so why don't you do it since you think this is so easy to do?
No, thank you. Never said it was easy to do. Easy, difficult, I have no clue. This is, however, the only site I go to where the problem is so out of control. We may have one or two spammers every couple of weeks or so, if even that, on the other sites I go to. I don't have the answer; all I see is the result....

Quote:
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Administrator
Administrator

Those are the spam posts you see, not what is actually on the site.

If we had more mods then it would be better, but it is just me. So again you want a solution become a mod and help out. If not then stop complaining.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
HP11

I'm just a member here. One of few active ones left. As I said in my last post, I have no desire to be a mod. The only reason I stay around is because it's one of the first GTO sites I joined. Perhaps I'm hoping against hope, but I'd like to see this site get back to what it once was. I make comments/observations. If you choose to take them as complaints, that's your call. If I'm 'complaining' then so is Orbit Orange. Either way, the solutions are up to those of you who run the site.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
rspiller1

Are there really even any members to this forum I just signed up foe this one cause I saw it on my autoguide and i like checking the for sales for part and there are not any posts
rspiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
HP11

Time to 'stick a fork' in this site.................it was actually fun at one time.

Quote:

Last edited by HP11; 03-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

It was, its a chore now for me to visit. Its why I only check in about once a month anymore and its to clean up spam. Depressing. I'd clean it daily if I was compensated, I'm not so unfortunately its not worth my time or effort other than every once in a while. I too miss the "old days" when traffic was up, not huge mind you but the regulars were around.

BTW for HP11 or anyone else out there, do the spam threads I delete and ban the users still pop up in the forum after I've done it? I tell the software to remove the posts but they still show up for me, I'm not sure. If so the site is littered with these closed spam threads. Just another stupid thing I tell the software to do and it doesn't evidently.

Last edited by Orbit Orange; 03-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

It seems about the only moderator actions it will allow me to do is move the spam threads to the Garbage Dump forum. It won't let me delete them. Its like they WANT this spam garbage here. A ****ing spammer popped up WHILE I'M FREAKING CLEANING THIS UP!!! Its a joke. I bet if I moved all these threads to one of the sponsors threads it would end real quick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement